New Wednesday Book: Through the Modern Era

Getting some good press coverage today.

http://www.worksopguardian.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday-dave-allen-admits-he-regrets-getting-involved-at-owls-1-8203179

Dave Allen has revealed in a new book it was a mistake getting involved in Sheffield Wednesday. In an exclusive extract from Owls: Sheffield Wednesday Through the Modern Era, Allen has lifted the lid on his four-year chairmanship

Ermmmm Tantalising......And at a bargain price of £13!

Think I will give this a miss tar.

Remember Boxing Day?

Just saying

Getting some good press coverage today.

http://www.worksopguardian.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday-dave-allen-admits-he-regrets-getting-involved-at-owls-1-8203179

Dave Allen has revealed in a new book it was a mistake getting involved in Sheffield Wednesday. In an exclusive extract from Owls: Sheffield Wednesday Through the Modern Era, Allen has lifted the lid on his four-year chairmanship

Massive mistake for us,he made every purchase we made into a loan and stuck interest on it at higher rates than the banks.....hes currently cocking up chesterfield whol be lucky to have league status in 3 years time.

Allens not a football man and needs to quit

Massive mistake for us,he made every purchase we made into a loan and stuck interest on it at higher rates than the banks.....hes currently cocking up chesterfield whol be lucky to have league status in 3 years time.

Allens not a football man and needs to quit

Well he has a few quid coming to him if and when we go up but not as much as he put in. Not sure how much he copped in interest.

Football men as chairmen have been as rare as hen's teeth in the city. Other than Mandaric and Dooley who else?

Well he has a few quid coming to him if and when we go up but not as much as he put in. Not sure how much he copped in interest.

Football men as chairmen have been as rare as hen's teeth in the city. Other than Mandaric and Dooley who else?

I wouldn't consider Mandaric a football chairman he was in it purely for the money and even said as much himself.

I wouldn't consider Mandaric a football chairman he was in it purely for the money and even said as much himself.

He's owned three American clubs, one Belgian club, one French club, three English clubs and now a Slovenian club even though he's pushing 80. Before he emigrated, he played for his hometown club. When he was at Wednesday he was a regular at training sessions.

If he's not a football man I don't know who is.

He's owned three American clubs, one Belgian club, one French club, three English clubs and now a Slovenian club even though he's pushing 80. Before he emigrated, he played for his hometown club. When he was at Wednesday he was a regular at training sessions.

The Prince:hihi:

By his own admissions he bought Wednesday purely to make a profit, I would describe him as a profiteer who makes money out of poorly run football clubs.

Well if Milan didn't save Wednesday,we would'nt have a football club to talk about. Every one who owns a football club/business seeks to make money. We all try to make money. some are pretty good at it.

Haven't people in South Yorkshire been tortured enough through years of austerity and neo- liberal economics without inflicting more misery on them ?:hihi:

Haven't people in South Yorkshire been tortured enough through years of austerity and neo- liberal economics without inflicting more misery on them ?:hihi:

We're also sentimental and nostalgic, so everything becomes the good old days eventually!