More bobbies on the beat

I hope that Chief Constable Stephen Watson is able to fulfil his wish to put more bobbies back on patrol.

I have long thought that this would do much to nip some problems in the bud and reassure the general public that they can have support when they need it.

He will have to magic some money out of nowhere then, theyve made cuts cos they cant afford owt.Hes probably just saying these things to try and win back public confidence after orgreave,hillsborough and the rotherham abuse scandel.

So they've re-invented the wheel. That's the best tactic of the newly promoted - pick a good idea from the past and re-introduce it. They flatter the Police Authority saying they can "working smarter for less money", get the job and then rob Peter to pay Paul and not much changes. Then there's a big public outcry about something and they denude departments to make a press announcement that X number of officers are being seconded to combat the 'new' problem.

I'd rather they say "We are getting less money therefore you will get less Policing here, here and here.

So they've re-invented the wheel. That's the best tactic of the newly promoted - pick a good idea from the past and re-introduce it. They flatter the Police Authority saying they can "working smarter for less money", get the job and then rob Peter to pay Paul and not much changes. Then there's a big public outcry about something and they denude departments to make a press announcement that X number of officers are being seconded to combat the 'new' problem.

I'd rather they say "We are getting less money therefore you will get less Policing here, here and here.

Ah yes, you mean the truth ? Given their colourful history, Syp will struggle with that one.:D

Yes. Get them back on the beat and save a fortune on cars.

Yes. Get them back on the beat and save a fortune on cars.

Yes - what a good idea.

Getting from Woodseats to Stcksbridge in an emergency will be interesting.:rolleyes:

Yes - what a good idea.

Getting from Woodseats to Stcksbridge in an emergency will be interesting.:rolleyes:

Pushbikes.

I know I've worked too many hours

I read that as more boobies on the beach

Pushbikes.

Not thinking straight are you?

Not thinking straight are you?

Good grief. O'k, joking apart, it's not going to happen. Its as said in post numbers two and three.

this is I believe the way forward and we need police presence on the streets asap to bring back peoples confidence in law and order.