Is your garden getting invaded by Dandelions too?

we used to call them pee-beds ...and be scared if we touched them we'd wet the bed ...

When you're pulling them up make sure to wear gloves or your hands go black, something to do with the sap. Takes ages to get rid of the stain.

Now if only the myriad slugs and snails would learn to eat the dandelions instead of the precious plants of the garden ... we'd welcome them with glad cries of joy instead of slug pellets ... result!

but yes, they do look very pretty ...

I haven't got one single dandelion in my garden, i'm gutted!! x x

I haven't got one single dandelion in my garden, i'm gutted!! x x

Have some of mine michelle123, you're very welcome :D

PLEASE!!!

Yeah, even though we have been fighting them at the allotment since we got it we are still covered in them. Resisting the chemicals though...

Spent all day yesterday pulling up dandelions with no gloves and......

dry bed this morning: another old wives tale debunked?!

Have some of mine michelle123, you're very welcome :D

PLEASE!!!

No thanks Rubydazzler, i'd like you to keep them. I'm sure i'll end up getting some soon!! x

Spent all day yesterday pulling up dandelions with no gloves and......

dry bed this morning: another old wives tale debunked?!

but did you have black stained hands carter 101??? :cool:

Yeah, even though we have been fighting them at the allotment since we got it we are still covered in them. Resisting the chemicals though...

Isn't puring salt into their core supposed to kill them off?

I did have loads of dandelions in my garden until i cut the lawn yesterday before it rained.

i hate those other weeds where kids pick them and blow all the seeds off!!! :roll:

Isn't puring salt into their core supposed to kill them off?

Isn't that slugs:hihi:

Yes salt kills plants, if you bruise them by stepping on them and then pour salt on them ... but it also poisons the soil and nothing else will grow there for ages. You can get a cheap weedkiller called sodium chlorate which is basically salt. I sell lots of it ... it's good for places where you don't want to replant like for instance putting down gravel or flags.

ive got loads of the things to but a bit of useless info that u can do with them.the leaves can go in salads(if they are away from chemicals ie roads,or fertalises etc)they are rich in potassium so a good diuretic hence the old name pee the bed so good for water retention and the rootsbeen used as a liver tonic for years to get rid of toxins from the urinal tracks.so by the sounds of it we could all get very drunk on the wine and clean the toxins later lol