Is your garden getting invaded by Dandelions too?

I have been outside and looked at neighbours gardens.........yes they too have them - all up and down the road.

My Grandad use to make Dandelion wine:gag:

My Grandad use to make Dandelion wine:gag:

I've heard of Dandelion and Burdock :gag: but never dandelion wine, does it make you wet the bed ? (hence the name pissy beds)

people used to say that if you picked them you would wet the bed !!

I know gardeners hate them, but not being one myself, I think they look quite pretty.:)

I know gardeners hate them, but not being one myself, I think they look quite pretty.:)

Because they have such deep roots you nearly end up digging your garden.

I I think they look quite pretty.:)

Ahh good so it's not just me then ???

Yeah, I don't get it. At the last possible moment, I used weed and feed last year, but there's tons of the buggers this year. My neighbour's gardens are the same. What can we do? Weed and feed just seems to make the grass look tired and doesn't touch the dandelions.

Definitely seems to be a bumper crop this year.

Just have to bite the bullet and pull em up by hand I think.

carrot, apple,and dandelion leaves make a fantastic blood cleanser also tastes nice.It is in my uses of juices book:hihi:

Yeah, I don't get it. At the last possible moment, I used weed and feed last year, but there's tons of the buggers this year. My neighbour's gardens are the same. What can we do? Weed and feed just seems to make the grass look tired and doesn't touch the dandelions.

there's a saying with dandelions, and probably applies to most weeds...

"one year's seeding, ten years' weeding"

if you let the seeds set, they can remain dormant in your soil for ten years, and keep popping up at inopportune times.

poppies, too,lay dormant, and germination is only triggered by the earth around the seed being disturbed.

PT

Dandelion wine is beautiful. My other half and me spent an hour or so dead heading all the dandelions on a green in front of our house a couple of years ago. We made lots of lovely wine. The only trouble is my head wont take the drink as it is very strong.