Bin strike Monday 17th October 2016

If anyone hasn't had their bin emptied, have you contacted Veolia? Phone, email, Twitter - I've always had a same-day or next-day result whenever I've contacted them.

I wouldn't bother on this occasion, a mate of mine rang them and after five minutes going through the options was told 'they're on strike, leave your bin out but we don't know when it will be emptied.'

Website says:

Service Alerts

After the half day of industrial action on Thursday 27th October residents are asked to present their bins as normal.

Veolia will continue to work hard to minimise any disruption in the City and would like to thank residents for their patience and understanding while we clear the backlog.

We will be sending out extra crews on Friday and Saturday, as well as hiring additional vehicles to help to empty as many containers as possible.

Please leave your containers out until they have been emptied.

All Household Waste Recycling Centres were unaffected by the industrial action and remain open as normal. We advise residents with excess waste to use one of our five household waste recycling centres across the City. Please check our website for details, and note that from Saturday 1st October winter opening times began, which are 10am to 4pm.

Any further information will be provided here as service updates on our website at http://www.veolia.co.uk/sheffield

Forth day bins not emptied have rung Veolia 8.10am this morning, was told

there was on strike tuesday and thursday. was said bin collection whenever

Whatever if ever. Why are their working Sat for at time and half when they've

been striking. Hmm?

Ours were last emptied on the 10th October. Rang Veolia more or less told same as others. Can put no more than 2 bags on top of bins. May come following day, still doing catchup from original strike etc.

Dog woke me 5.30.am Tuesday morning, looked out of window to see man and woman looking through bins. They got into their car and drove quickly away.

Still waiting for my bin emptying, should have happened on Thursday.

Am I crazy to think that SCC should be getting some sort of contractual rebate for loss of service from Veolia?

Ours were last emptied on the 10th October. Rang Veolia more or less told same as others. Can put no more than 2 bags on top of bins. May come following day, still doing catchup from original strike etc.

Dog woke me 5.30.am Tuesday morning, looked out of window to see man and woman looking through bins. They got into their car and drove quickly away.

------------------

Bit odd that looking through yer bins ??

That's what I thought not like it's bags of clothes.

our street and a few streets local were supposed to be emptied on thursday. now people are dumping their rubbish on the field and in the fishing pond.

our street and a few streets local were supposed to be emptied on thursday. now people are dumping their rubbish on the field and in the fishing pond.

What will that achieve,other than littering your local environment

It is simple enough put excess rubbish in a black sack and put it

by the bin.Ours were emptied on Saturday should have been last Tuesday.

Thought ours would have been emptied on sat, week last tues when done,

live on flats 6 on each block- 6 bins to empty.

What will that achieve,other than littering your local environment

It is simple enough put excess rubbish in a black sack and put it

by the bin.Ours were emptied on Saturday should have been last Tuesday.

it wont achieve nothing but most of it is been dumped in the black sacks.