Bin strike Monday 17th October 2016

Nonsense about the road being inaccessible... odd that, the bus has been round on it's route unaffected and everyone has been to and from work easy enough!!

Our black bins should have been emptied last Wednesday (19th) but they're all still sat on the pavement. A neighbour called them last Friday and was told they'd be collected over the weekend. I've called today and been told they have no exact info but hoping it will be today or tomorrow!!!!!!!

When I asked about taking extra waste I was told that they will be taking an extra couple of bags of waste. I pointed out we have quite a few foxes in the area and I wasn't prepared to leave bin bags on the ground next to our bin as they would be fair game for the foxes and would end up with rubbish strewn all over the place at which point I was told I could put them in the top of the bin with the bin lid not properly closed.

We finally had ours emptied this morning. Nearly a week late. They did not take the extra bag that was with it.

Just phoned about the bins not been emptied for nearly 3 weeks to be told it will be some time this week.It is about time the council looked at Veola's contract

No blue bins/boxes collected in Crookes today.

No explanation either!

No explanation either!

I expect ours won't tomorrow then...

Glad they dont get xmas gift anymore, the blokes just chuck bins back any old

how, their always running around on our streets, Rubbish?

my bin been out since Friday 21st and binmen still not been ??

s5 shiregreen area

Looks like they are striking again today and Thursday

And here is why

"The GMB union said its members wanted a 2% pay rise this year but the employer was only offering 1.5% over two years.

Veolia said it was disappointed with the move and believed its "offer of 3% over a two year period is fair"."

No explanation either!

Mine was - albeit much later than normal.

Green bins still not gone so far yet in Lodge Moor, not happy as we have to pay extra for this.