Bin strike Monday 17th October 2016

If I could earn what I currently earn, but work as a postman, I think that would suit me just fine.

And there's the rub. Having said that, at my age now with a decent pension built up. I will be able to take pension at 55 - 56 with £25k a year so would really only need to work for beer money / hols etc.

Bins not collected on my road in S6 this morning. is this strike related? ours is full to the brim with a month's worth of rubbish, so timing not great!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Not been emptied in my part of S35 either. Phoned them up, said the road was inaccessible. Which is rubbish as it's been open the entire time. They said they would not take any extra rubbish either...

If your road/pavements are currently being done, they won't come down apparently.

Not been emptied in my part of S35 either. Phoned them up, said the road was inaccessible. Which is rubbish as it's been open the entire time. They said they would not take any extra rubbish either...

If your road/pavements are currently being done, they won't come down apparently.

There are roadworks on one of the several roads leading off ours, but there are many others that are still open, so this can't be a reasonable excuse in this case!

SO what's their policy - no bins get emptied for the duration of the roadworks?

ours in s6 should have been emptied yeaterday was told at 4.30 they are getting emptied an its now wed an still not emptied was told again in the phone today will be emptied but nope ?

We were missed on Monday ... emptied today.

SO what's their policy - no bins get emptied for the duration of the roadworks?

They said when the road is closed, they can't empty them. Cept out road has been open. Also again it hasn't been emptied. Just been on the phone. "It will be today" and still no extra bags will be taken. Other people have put their bags in our bin...so we can't put anymore rubbish in ours.

Our bins should have been emptied Thursday. Rung up Veola Friday to be told they will try to get round to them Monday.No explanation What a service

Reported our missed collection on Wednesday via the website and got an email informing me that the "crew had reported issues meaning our collection was missed" and that it would be collected later in the week.

Said bin is now full on no sign of any collection!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

They said when the road is closed, they can't empty them. Cept out road has been open. Also again it hasn't been emptied. Just been on the phone. "It will be today" and still no extra bags will be taken. Other people have put their bags in our bin...so we can't put anymore rubbish in ours.

Still not emptied... are we meant to manage until next week now

Same, I'll be getting back on to them tomorrow when I get home from work...other people should as well.