Ched Evans has been cleared..

To be honest it was aimed more at the other poster who has mentioned the taxi drivers at least twice.

My apologies I didn't mean to be abrupt. :)

My apologies I didn't mean to be abrupt. :)

No problem, its obviously a very emotive topic

No problem, its obviously a very emotive topic

You are right, and this sports topic isn't the right place for me going on me tangent!

I speak from personal experience, the law is a load of ( deleted )

British Justice has a lot to answer for.

Innocent individuals suffering because of a miscarriage of justice and guilty individuals being given not guilty verdicts.

It's been going on for years and will continue to do so.

There isn't an answer to the question is Ched Evans guilty or not !!

His career as a footballer has been ruined,then surely the woman should face charges.

Why?

She hasnt done anything wrong.

Would you want all women involved in rape trials to be prosecuted if a conviction is not achieved?

Did you bother reading about the case and the decision to prosecute?

---------- Post added 18-10-2016 at 20:58 ----------

I speak from personal experience, the law is a load of ( deleted )

British Justice has a lot to answer for.

Innocent individuals suffering because of a miscarriage of justice and guilty individuals being given not guilty verdicts.

It's been going on for years and will continue to do so.

There isn't an answer to the question is Ched Evans guilty or not !!

There is. They found him NOT GUILTY.

---------- Post added 18-10-2016 at 20:59 ----------

It shouldnt be in the sports section

I think its placed here becayse its not Sheffield news or general news even though all the papers and the BBC plus other news websites had it as their main headline.

I think with the publicity surrounding this case that if there were any further aspersions to be cast on him by previous sexual partners we would have heard about it without a doubt.

unless any previous conquests were bought off / silenced too.

Oldest trick in the book.

Have a dodgy scandal-filled past you wanna keep secret ?

Employ a publicist such as Max Clifford, to get your story in the public eye and not your opponents.

And where is Max Clifford now ?

Oh.

Hey 999tigger, you obviously have never served on a jury or been in court to listen to a verdict which is obviously wrong !!

Hey 999tigger, you obviously have never served on a jury or been in court to listen to a verdict which is obviously wrong !!

How do you know?

Anyway thats besides the point. You said there was no answer and im saying the jury quickly foind there was insufficient evidence on which to convict him which mean he was acquitted and not guilty.

If you have evidence to the contrary or believe the legal authorities made a mistake in the application of the law, then youd better contact them. He is innocent as far as the law is concerned.

Edited by 999tigger

Completely sordid affair. No one should apologise for what they said about it.

Dragged the clubs name through the mud,let them down when they needed him most. I never want see him in a blades shirt again,he had 1 good season...thats it ! Iam glad hes been found innocent though as a guilty verdict would set a dangerous precedent, you simply cannot say yes at the time and change your mind the next day after it has happened. A half decent footballer who is no rapist, he just has no morals, UTB

How do you know?

Anyway thats besides the point. You said there was no answer and im saying the jury quickly foind there was insufficient evidence on which to convict him which mean he was acquitted and not guilty.

If you have evidence to the contrary or believe the legal authorities made a mistake in the application of the law, then youd better contact them. He is innocent as far as the law is concerned.

Not technically innocent. He's not guilty. There's a difference.

He still could have done it. The jury just wasn't convinced of his guilt.

As a now thankfully well published website has shown, the jury can safely be directed "If you think he probably raped her, he isn't guilty". That's 100% legally correct.

Morally, certainly not innocent, but he accepts that himself.