Ched Evans has been cleared..

I imagine the footballer will get a lot of compensation for wrongful conviction and the jail time he served.

How long was he actually imprisoned for?

He got 5 years and served half of that.

Innocent , but he still behaved like a cretin that night.

While part of me would love to see Ched back at the lane playing up front with Billy Sharp i kinda feel we've all moved on and should leave it be.

I reckon the Kop will be singing his name tomorrow though.

I always felt the guilty decision was erroneous but one I accepted, as we have to believe our judicial system is sound.

Hopefully he can get on with his life and career now.

Also I hope the same can be said of the woman in question, as regardless or not she was lying (who knows), some of the vilification of her was crazy. Especially considering her stance was that she could not remember.

Hopefully all involved can now get on with their respective lives.

Let's not get too carried away eh dobby?

Just bear in mind this was a bloke who responded to the cavalcade call "I've got a bird", from one of his mates, having previously booked a hotel room in his own name perhaps in the hope of this eventuality. He arrived with two others who positioned themselves strategically outside the bedroom window...presumably they weren't measuring up for the popular Everest two for the price of one offer.

Boyfolk don't require role models such as these, we've heard all we need to about the language of the 'locker room' and apparently how women should be regarded.

A criminal Evans is not, however nor is he a paragon of virtue who should be championed and that's coming from me, a retired Blade.

Well said, a bit of sense at last!. What I have said throughout all this is he cheated on his partner with another woman and got found out, if he had got away with it (which he has) he could have done this over and over again, it's his partner who needs sympathy if anyone not him.

His career as a footballer has been ruined,then surely the woman should face charges.

Surely that depends on whether the police determine that there is anything malicious on her part?

There is no reason at all to think that a verdict of 'not guilty' is automatically an implication that no crime happened, just that there may be insufficient proof to convict the defendant 'beyond reasonable doubt'. If there is a lack of evidence that does not mean that the survivor was not raped, just as in a murder case, whether the defendant is convicted or not, the victim is still dead.

Justice but he will always be called a rapist, very sad and not fair !

Will mccabe sue for them not going up

Id be interested in what Paul Heaton and Jessica Ennis now have to say seeing as they were very judgmental and vocal before.

Can I be the first to say great news young man and I hope that you receive grovelling apologies from those local (they think of themselves as) pillars of society who were so ready and eager to stick the knife in your back!

Id be interested in what Paul Heaton and Jessica Ennis now have to say seeing as they were very judgmental and vocal before.

Their comments followed his criminal conviction, what next should we vilify people who denounced the Yorkshire Ripper if he was ever retried and declared not guilty?

---------- Post added 14-10-2016 at 20:33 ----------

Can I be the first to say great news young man and I hope that you receive grovelling apologies from those local (they think of themselves as) pillars of society who were so ready and eager to stick the knife in your back!

I'm guessing you'd be delighted if he entered into a relationship with your daughter/sister/mother/best friend kaytie?

Their comments followed his criminal conviction, what next should we vilify people who denounced the Yorkshire Ripper if he was ever retried and declared not guilty?

---------- Post added 14-10-2016 at 20:33 ----------

I'm guessing you'd be delighted if he entered into a relationship with your daughter/sister/mother/best friend kaytie?

To be fair the comments didn't follow his conviction they came after he had been tried,convicted and released after serving time in prison.The comments came afterwards when he was vainly trying to resurrect his career.

The fact hes cleared away the muck from his conviction means little,the stain will always be there.

There is no reason at all to think that a verdict of 'not guilty' is automatically an implication that no crime happened, just that there may be insufficient proof to convict the defendant 'beyond reasonable doubt'. If there is a lack of evidence that does not mean that the survivor was not raped, just as in a murder case, whether the defendant is convicted or not, the victim is still dead.

Accepting the judgement of the court, there are two totally different possibilities in cases of rape and murder. They are very different crimes.

In the case of a murder we know that the murder took place, so if the defendant is found not guilty then someone else must have done it.

It's different with rape because there are two possibilities with a not guilty verdict. Either the crime didn't happen and the allegation is false, or someone else did it.