Ched Evans has been cleared..

Good news and glad for him but probably too late an outcome for him to rebuild his ruined career.

Where does the saga go from here though?

He was probably not long at Utd, most saw him going to a Premier League side at the time, he would have been earning the big money.

Lawsuits must be being drawn up surely?

His career as a footballer has been ruined,then surely the woman should face charges.

Where does the saga go from here though?

He was probably not long at Utd, most saw him going to a Premier League side at the time, he would have been earning the big money.

Lawsuits must be being drawn up surely?

For what? He can't sue the complainant. Just because he was found innocent doesn't mean she's guilty of anything. There's no one that he can sue.

We'll never know what happened that night, but regardless an act of pure stupidity has ruined what could have been a great career. Silly footballers thinking they're gods.

---------- Post added 14-10-2016 at 16:30 ----------

His career as a footballer has been ruined,then surely the woman should face charges.

Again, for what?

You would have to prove, beyond all reasonable doubt, that she was lying. There's simply no evidence of that. Her reasonable belief is that she can't remember what happened. The jury decided that she consented, albeit in a very drunken way. That's the end of it. She hasn't lied. She can't remember.

They both have questionable morals. Neither has committed a crime.

Let's not get too carried away eh dobby?

Just bear in mind this was a bloke who responded to the cavalcade call "I've got a bird", from one of his mates, having previously booked a hotel room in his own name perhaps in the hope of this eventuality. He arrived with two others who positioned themselves strategically outside the bedroom window...presumably they weren't measuring up for the popular Everest two for the price of one offer.

Boyfolk don't require role models such as these, we've heard all we need to about the language of the 'locker room' and apparently how women should be regarded.

A criminal Evans is not, however nor is he a paragon of virtue who should be championed and that's coming from me, a retired Blade.

Footballer Ched Evans has been found not guilty of raping a 19-year-old woman in a hotel room. The Chesterfield striker was accused of attacking her at a Premier Inn in Rhuddlan, Denbighshire, on 30 May 2011. Mr Evans, 27, was originally found guilty of rape at Caernarfon Crown Court in 2012, but this conviction was quashed in April.

He was found not guilty of the same charge at Cardiff Crown Court on Friday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-37659009

[Mods I assume we can talk about this now as we have an actual verdict?]

I havent see another thread on this yet? I may have missed it? If so please remove this one. Not sure what to make of the verdict yet or whether I have much sympathy for Evans. Am sure everyone knows now as its national news, but still has some slight local interest.

Great news for Ched. I always knew he would get justice. Let's get him back where he belongs at BDTBL. Unlikely,but you never know.

No one should face charges.

However, I now apologise on behalf of all those who gave him stick in the past.

BTW I cant understand why this has now been put in General Sports Chat when its a mainstream article about an important court case.:confused:

Edited by apelike

Did the girl not get compensation or am I imagining it

I imagine the footballer will get a lot of compensation for wrongful conviction and the jail time he served.

How long was he actually imprisoned for?

I imagine the footballer will get a lot of compensation for wrongful conviction and the jail time he served.

How long was he actually imprisoned for?

I think it's capped to £500,000 (or £1m if the time served exceeded 10 years which it didn't here).

He will have to apply for it. I don't think it's guaranteed.