Burglaries in s6

Apparently 4 houses got done last night in Hillsborough near to the h&j pub...all occupants where fast asleep and they even got away in one of the cars that they loaded up ..no one saw a single thing.

Any one with any info plz inform the police asap.

I know of a friends house that was Attempted . cctv been sent to police

h&j? Horse and Jockey? That is Wadsley, but yes, few months ago my keys got swiped from the kitchen and car got stolen, as was the car down the road. Neighbours across also got burgled last year. There is definitely an active gang in the area.

Installing more CCTV soon, unfortunately.

Ugh not again.

As folk on here may remember, I was burlged about a year ago. They walked straight in through the front door (wasn't double locked, hindsight etc...) and took my purse, ex's wallet and both our car keys... then use our cars to rob a neighbour down the road.

Both our cars were wrecked, as well as a number of others they wrote off in our cars. Police didn't care less. Insurers were great luckily.

I wrote a letter at the time to all neighbours nearby and hand-delivered it warning them and whenever new neighbours move in I always make a point of telling them. Horrible when you're just sleeping.

PLEASE lock your doors properly :(

Its always worth making sure your keys are "safeguarded", put somewhere out of sight and not in an obvious place.

There is a section in motor insurance terms and conditions that covers safeguarding of keys and it is becoming more common that, after a theft of vehicle, the policy holder is interviewed to take a witness statement, including where the keys are normally kept, and if there is clear failure to safeguard the insurance company may not pay the claim.

Places to be aware of which can be considered failure to safeguard keys are left in the house-door lock with the house keys, on a hook on the back of the door, in a dish/bowl on a kitchen side, windowsills etc . It only takes a few days of putting them somewhere safe to get into a good routine that could make the difference of having the claim paid out or rejected.

I might start putting my keys in the dog basket!

Vile creatures people who steal from others..

What is reasonable force in that situation?

Are you meant to hide in a cupboard.

What is reasonable force in that situation?

Are you meant to hide in a cupboard.

I believe if someone breaks into your property with intent to burgle or harm you then you are allowed to 'knock em out' then call the police..

I believe if someone breaks into your property with intent to burgle or harm you then you are allowed to 'knock em out' then call the police..

knock em out with what?

Our house (Wadsley Park Village) was done the same night.

Didn't get in as they were disturbed by son @ 1:15am. Knackered Patio Door lock.

Got away in an Audi A3 which was probably nicked as heard a lot of similar cars stolen same night and we have an Audi.

After the car keys so make sure they are upstairs as should be any keys for the front or back.

A few Golf clubs stored strategically around the house if they return and fancy a practice swing or 2.

Police came after about 45 mins as they were busy on similar jobs. Still waiting for Scene of crimes officer to turn up as they have a lot on at the moment apparently.

I might start putting my keys in the dog basket!

Vile creatures people who steal from others..

I would never have thought about that! What a good idea. Might suggest this when I visit people, thank you