Bob Dylan wins Nobel Prize for Literature

He wrote some very good lyrics and his work with The Band is fabulous but these past 20 years or so his voice has been comical, he sounded like a duck.

He wrote some very good lyrics and his work with The Band is fabulous but these past 20 years or so his voice has been comical, he sounded like a duck.

He never has been much of a vocalist, but wrote a lot of killer songs, My favourite is Positively 4 th Street, only Bob could have come up with such scathing lyrics.

Never really got him. To my tender ears he could have been reading the phone book. When he tried to sing he was out of tune, or was that meant to be. All a bit emperors new clothes, someone says best thing they've ever heard and the sheep follow

He has earned it

He has earned it

He has and well deserved but the people who gave him the award are furious that he has not even acknowledged recieving it and he has ignnored all there phone calls.

He's always been a protester against the establishment and here he is doing what he does best and sticking two fingers up to the Government.

Only Dylan would do that and I applaud him for it

He has and well deserved but the people who gave him the award are furious that he has not even acknowledged recieving it and he has ignnored all there phone calls.

He's always been a protester against the establishment and here he is doing what he does best and sticking two fingers up to the Government.

Government?

Not the Swedish Nobel Academy?

Government?

Not the Swedish Nobel Academy?

Who-ever. The storys the same he ignored them and they have got all snotty about it.

Him and Joan Baez were well matched

Barrrf de barrrf de barrrf.

Brilliant song writer, but he's always seemed a bit grumpy, I read somewhere he told one fan who asked for an autograph ' you don't need my autograph, if you needed it I'd give it you.' And ' just because people like my stuff, it doesn't mean I owe you anything.'

But that doesn't take anything away from his song writing. For instance in 'tangled up in blue' I love the way he includes rhyming the penultimate line in each verse with the previous line and also the title line at the end, brilliant.

Brilliant song writer, but he's always seemed a bit grumpy, I read somewhere he told one fan who asked for an autograph ' you don't need my autograph, if you needed it I'd give it you.' And ' just because people like my stuff, it doesn't mean I owe you anything.'

But that doesn't take anything away from his song writing. For instance in 'tangled up in blue' I love the way he includes rhyming the penultimate line in each verse with the previous line and also the title line at the end, brilliant.

Indeed he does refuse autographs. There's footage of him doing it in No Direction Home. Well worth seeing (the whole thing, not just him refusing autographs ;))

Indeed he does refuse autographs. There's footage of him doing it in No Direction Home. Well worth seeing (the whole thing, not just him refusing autographs ;))

I've got it somewhere on DVD, I must get it out and look at it again when the missus lets me, (she can't stand him). It's funny how you don't listen to somebody's music for ages then you get a reminder like this thread and it re-ignites your interest.