Bob Dylan wins Nobel Prize for Literature

Should have been David Gedge

Should have been David Gedge

You wont get many shouts for the Weddoes main man mate :)

Guest sibon

Rich Hall does a nice Bob Dylan

Edited by sibon

Well done Bobby, I bet all the folks who called you pretentious for calling yourself after the poet Dylan Thomas, never saw this coming. You deserve this award " Mr. Politically Incorrect" However please do not hold your breath waiting for a singing prize LOL:cool:

I would add that Phil Ochs, Woody Guthrie and Pete Seeger must be partying up there, in celebration.

Edited by TORONTONY

Well done Bobby, I bet all the folks who called you pretentious for calling yourself after the poet Dylan Thomas, never saw this coming. You deserve this award " Mr. Politically Incorrect" However please do not hold your breath waiting for a singing prize LOL:cool:

I would add that Phil Ochs, Woody Guthrie and Pete Seeger must be partying up there, in celebration.

Sorry TT for being anal but....it's a myth he took Dylan from Dylan Thomas.

:)

Magic Roundabout wasn't it? :huh:

Bob , himself didn't do it, I know, but the one's who claimed it and started the myth, are the one's who called him out i.e. the tin pan alley and pop song writing establishment ,they are the one's who tried to belittle him, by coming up with that crap. My "pretentious " statement was sarcasm.

---------- Post added 13-10-2016 at 23:11 ----------

That was Dougal, for dog's sake.:P

Other way round; Dylan from the Magic Roundabout is clearly based on Bob.

Bob , himself didn't do it, I know, but the one's who claimed it and started the myth, are the one's who called him out i.e. the tin pan alley and pop song writing establishment ,they are the one's who tried to belittle him, by coming up with that crap. My "pretentious " statement was sarcasm.

---------- Post added 13-10-2016 at 23:11 ----------

That was Dougal, for dog's sake.:P

Ah ok, fair enough.

Ever seen him live? I have. He played none of the hits except for an unrecognisable version of Tangled up in Blue, never addressed the crowd and spent most of the show behind a keyboard not even facing us.

But considering he ignored those who didn't want him to go electric back in the day, I wasn't surprised.

I suspect you've seen No Direction Home? Some footage from Sheffield in there. It's amusing how irate his fans were when he plugged in. And one chap, I'm pretty sure it was in Sheffield, described his 'wretched harmonica.'

Other way round; Dylan from the Magic Roundabout is clearly based on Bob.

I know. ;)