Kitchen taps advice?

With a water pressure test guage Mr Bloke. Screwfix, £19.99 at (a rough guess) ;)

I wouldn't pay £20 for something that's plainly only ever going to be used once! :suspect:

I recently had a new kitchen tap fitted by a plumber (I bought the tap myself, one of those pull out hose spray type ones) and I read the instructions and there was no mention of required water pressure (as I recall), and he didn't mention it either.

I wouldn't pay £20 for something that's plainly only ever going to be used once! :suspect:

I recently had a new kitchen tap fitted by a plumber (I bought the tap myself, one of those pull out hose spray type ones) and I read the instructions and there was no mention of required water pressure (as I recall), and he didn't mention it either.

:huh:

... and how much did you pay the plumber to not mention it to you, Mr Pete? :hihi:

... and how much did you pay the plumber to not mention it to you, Mr Pete? :hihi:

Hahaha....Nothing...Presumably as it works perfectly it wasn't relevant. Mind you, as I recall it was a bitch to fit. My OH became a plumbers 'mate' for the day... :hihi:

Pete where did you but it from and are you happy with it?

I'm planning on using mine more than once though Pete. :P

(you can get 'em for a fiver if you want).

:rant:

Oi! What's your game then?

You're trying to sell me one for £19.99...

... and you're telling Mr Pete he can have one for a fiver? :suspect:

Pete where did you but it from and are you happy with it?

I bought it from B&Q Corton Wood...But I can't see it on the website now for some reason. Otherwise I'd have given you a link.

Yes I'm happy with it. Don't use the spray hose thingy much but it's useful, just when you need it.

---------- Post added 12-10-2016 at 16:14 ----------

How many times do you need to ascertain the water pressure in you GF house?...Or are you planning something more subversive in area fifty one and a half? :suspect:

---------- Post added 12-10-2016 at 16:18 ----------

:rant:

Oi! What's your game then?

You're trying to sell me one for £19.99...

... and you're telling Mr Pete he can have one for a fiver? :suspect:

Mates rates? Bribery?....:suspect:

thanks Pete, might get the ikea one as it comes with 10 years guarantee

I bought a new tap last week and fitted it myself bought it from B&Q I didn't find it too difficult fitting it, Unless your tap has easy access underneath you will need a monoblock tap spanner also it is with checking the tap tails what they connect to because my old tap was fitted with male connectors and 10mm tops and my new tap came with female connectors and 12mm tops so I had to go back to b&q and get a new pair of tap tails other than that it was all fine

This may seem like a silly question to someone who is now obviously highly qualified in the mystical art of installing water dispensing equipment, but how exactly does the enthusiastic diy'er measure their own domestic water pressure to determine which piece of apparatus is suitable for their own particlar environment? :confused:

With a water pressure test guage Mr Bloke. Screwfix, £19.99 at (a rough guess) ;)

Easier and cheaper then that.

You open airing cupboard and check loft.

If there is a big tub-like cold water storage in loft(quite often accompanied by smaller one next to it) and copper cylinder in airing cupboard(if covered in insulation it will have visibly convex ends) you have low pressure system.

Pressure in each tap will be roughly 0.1 x level differential between tap and loft storage.

High pressure are combies, system with stainless cylinder and no loft storage and sometimes low pressure systems with auxiliary pump.