Anti Cat Fencing

Go to Hillsborough fencing and your troubles will be over,there are ways of keeping cats off your fence without hurting them,its easy enough when you know how,and not too expensive.

my neighbour's cat across the road uses my small front garden as a toilet, I have tried putting all sorts of chemicles on my garden hoping that the smell will put it off. Just when I think I have succeeded once more I have to clean up after it. I wonder if all cat owners trained their cats to use a litter tray would it reduce the problem.

We have very little wildlife in this country and any that we do we seem to want to control all the time. Although cats are domesticated they are wild by nature and will do as they please.

People get excited to see foxes and badgers in there gardens which are arguably more destructive.

But thats about as exciting as it gets.

I once had a problem with cats pooing and peeing in a small yard at the back of my house, and I dowsed the yard with curry powder. LOTS of it. Amazingly it worked, once they've had a good sniff of that, they don't come back. Or at least that was my experience.

these work well, and they are available to buy as single strips from Shaws Ironmongers, Duchess Road, S2 4BL, Just off Queens Road.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Defenders-Bird-Spikes-33cm-Birds/dp/B003LWOUKK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476198089&sr=8-1&keywords=bird+spikes+for+pigeons

Only just seen this, I must have missed it before.

Thanks for that, it's certainly worth considering & cheaper than a 2m fence.

---------- Post added 12-10-2016 at 10:46 ----------

I think there must be at least ten of them, the way the OP is talking ;)

9 at the last count :roll: but that's just the immediate vicinity.

It could be as many as 15-20 if you include the entire avenue & the crescent behind whose gardens back onto us :(

Staffordshire Bull terrier. They work wonders for keeping the local cats ay bay

Wouldn't solve the OP's problem though!

I have a lurcher who keeps strange cats (I have two cats myself) out of the garden but her pee destroys plants, obviously she poops all over the garden so I have to pick up her poop and my cats poop, and she's more likely to kill wildlife than either of my cats :hihi:

I'd say you need to top your fences with something, or there are special roller things you can get that cats can't get a purchase on, but I think they more work to keep cats in rather than out.

Staffordshire Bull terrier. They work wonders for keeping the local cats ay bay

Haha :hihi:

This is actually true! (not just staffys) but if you get a dog then cats will no longer come on your garden.. I used to get loads of cats but since i got my springer i havent seen one..

Go to Hillsborough fencing and your troubles will be over,there are ways of keeping cats off your fence without hurting them,its easy enough when you know how,and not too expensive.

Yes, I've had a look at their site thanks.

I've had M&N Fencing round but they never got back to me with any quotations.

Haha :hihi:

This is actually true! (not just staffys) but if you get a dog then cats will no longer come on your garden.. I used to get loads of cats but since i got my springer i havent seen one..

I've got two boxers, my neighbour has a labrador, cats are always in and out of the garden.

They're always coming in and out of everyones gardens there unless the dog is outside permenantly.

The least issues we had was when we actually had our own cat,no neighbouring cats on her territory and few issues with bird attacks, we even had guinea pigs that were lose on the garden she never bothered those and their feed always attracted birds.

Cant you borrow a dog?

We had loads of cats all over our garden, neighbours had 4.

We had a dog to stay while owners were on holiday, solved the cat problem. They seemed to change their route and then stick to it, no problems since.

I also know a guy who built a cat sized trap and caught the cat and then sprayed it with water, didn't come back. A bit extreme but any major scare seems to make them think twice.

We tried those.

Bought 10, but unless you cover every square foot of the garden in them, they just find ways round them.

I put some in the shrubs where they sat waiting to ambush any birds that landed near the feeders but discovered one of them sitting across about strips of them so I guess it wasn't much of a deterrent just a bit uncomfortable.