Claiming benefits when living abroad info request!

Edited by SUGARPLUMKIN

Just grabbing some popcorn, hang on...there goes me working today, whilst I'm watching the inevitable! :)

Just grabbing some popcorn, hang on...there goes me working today, whilst I'm watching the inevitable! :)

Is what you're expecting to see connected to the weight of the OP?

Is what you're expecting to see connected to the weight of the OP?

I'm surprised I admit. Post this on facebook somewhere, and you'd get a complete uproar about benefit claimants.

I ate the popcorn anyway. It was nice. :)

From the aforementioned link, this is the section that deals with disability benefits. You have to inform the relevant department that you are going to be out of the country. They will give you all the advice you need. It seems that the rules differ according to the length of time spent out of the country.

Possibly the most pressing issue is whether housing benefit will continue to be paid if you are not living in your flat for a full year. Could you go to stay with this lady for a week or so to make sure that it is what you want? If it is suitable then you can return home and make the necessary arrangements for the stay.

It's best to talk to the relevant department at the council, there was a lot of talk over the last few years of cutting back on benefits payments to people overseas.

for example the government were still paying the winter fuel allowance to pensioners living in Spain, that has been stopped now I believe.