Denison Arms ,33 Watery Street

Denison Arms was situated at 33 Watery Street closed c2000 then later demolished around 2002. The building was similar to the ' Raven' with two bow windows either side of the entrance the pub was an Stones house. The name ' Denison' was unusual was it named after someone famous or perhaps even a race horse? I never went in this :o one so known nothing about it .

My family used to go there a lot in the late 80s/early 90s when Mary and Dinty Moore were the licensees. Good beer and a pool table.

The pub may well have been named after Edmund Beckett Denison (1787-1874), a popular local politician and businessman. He was elected Tory MP for the West Riding in the 1841 general election.

The pub may well have been named after Edmund Beckett Denison (1787-1874), a popular local politician and businessman. He was elected Tory MP for the West Riding in the 1841 general election.

The photo Iv seen of this pub shows a free standing sign showing a man with a pint pot. But because the photo was taken either at dusk or a bad day its had to make out their is very few pubs with the name Dension in Britain. Perhaps a past landlord was a big fan?

Wow - there's a blast from the past!!

We lived on St. Phillips Road in the 50's and early 60's and this was one of my Dad's and Grandads regular haunts.

I have vague memories of being sat in the car on the way back from Dad's works on Harvest Lane whilst the old man popped in for a 'livener'

The photo Iv seen of this pub shows a free standing sign showing a man with a pint pot. But because the photo was taken either at dusk or a bad day its had to make out their is very few pubs with the name Dension in Britain. Perhaps a past landlord was a big fan?

The memories of the Denison was Dinty the landlord and his short glass which never seemed to have a wash and Malc Marples who tried to get in with a Transit pick up, doing damage to the frontage, happy days.

Does anyone remember who the Land Lord or Land Lady was in the late 70s. They also had a daughter who would be in her 30s I guess.

Sorry, I meant in the late 60s. I do believe that the Daughter had a baby and I maybe his half brother