Promotional stickers on the car

Hello people!

I just wanting to know. My friends starts business and wants to advertise his brand as good as possible. I'd like to help him and put his brand logo or website sticker on my car's rear window. it would take about 25-30% of window clear area. Now the question is, do I need to inform my insurance? This is not decorative, it's promotional sticker (just like car dealers leave one when you buy a car). Any people who had this before and can share some knowledge?

Thanks

Ring up your insurer and check, different companies have different policies on things.

Hello people!

I just wanting to know. My friends starts business and wants to advertise his brand as good as possible. I'd like to help him and put his brand logo or website sticker on my car's rear window. it would take about 25-30% of window clear area. Now the question is, do I need to inform my insurance? This is not decorative, it's promotional sticker (just like car dealers leave one when you buy a car). Any people who had this before and can share some knowledge?

Thanks

Hi,

I was asked by the police to remove mine from the rear windscreen when I did something similar, so it might be worth asking their advice on current policy.

Also, have you thought about magnetic plates? Like taxi's use? These can just easily fit on the side of the car and you can take them off when you like. They don't damage your car either.

Why would the police ask you to remove something from your rear window?

Maybe blocking your rear view. But i see no difference as i drive vans without a rear window but have rear view mirrors.

Maybe blocking your rear view. But i see no difference as i drive vans without a rear window but have rear view mirrors.

Exactly what I though, vans have no rear windows, car derived vans often have the rear window completely covered for advertising and security purposes.

Various supercars have little to no visibility out the rear of the vehicle.

From what I was aware you need two working rear view mirrors to be legal, and having both wing mirrors and no view out the rear window was perfectly fine.

Because they work on construction and design.

From what I was aware you need two working rear view mirrors to be legal, and having both wing mirrors and no view out the rear window was perfectly fine.

Correct, the legal mirror combinations are both side ones, or rear view and drivers side, and all three of course ;) any of these combinations would pass an MOT test.