Is Wincobank popular?

Hi,

I'm looking for buy-to-let properties in Sheffield, I know very little of the area! I've been looking at Wincobank as I need to achieve £550+ pcm and the average rent appears to be £600 (3 bed semis) which really hits the nail on the head! The only thing is there appears to be several rentals on the market already that have been advertised for a while, is the area not quite as popular as it seems? Thanks!

Hi,

I'm looking for buy-to-let properties in Sheffield, I know very little of the area! I've been looking at Wincobank as I need to achieve £550+ pcm and the average rent appears to be £600 (3 bed semis) which really hits the nail on the head! The only thing is there appears to be several rentals on the market already that have been advertised for a while, is the area not quite as popular as it seems? Thanks!

Perhaps answered your own question here.

You probably won't have much trouble letting a property out in Hillsborough/Walkley, maybe even small property/flat in Crookes, that will pull in your required amount per month. I'd be looking at there rather than Wincobank.

Guest makapaka

I think you'd do well to get £600 a month in wincobank. Not knocking the area it's where I'm from but you could get a better area for that money.

I think you'd do well to get £600 a month in wincobank. Not knocking the area it's where I'm from but you could get a better area for that money.

He/she said there were a couple for 600, so I can only assume top of Jenkin Hill. They're probably the nicest in the area, but I agree 600 is steep. (no pun)

Guest makapaka
He/she said there were a couple for 600, so I can only assume top of Jenkin Hill. They're probably the nicest in the area, but I agree 600 is steep. (no pun)

Ha! Theres some nice ones on the right as you get to the top of the hill coming from Meadowhall side.

I'd be surprised if a 3 bed semi on jenkin ave / sandstone / forthill etc went for £600.

Yeah jenkins road area, looked at one on sandstone ave that agents said would be £600

Guest makapaka
Yeah jenkins road area, looked at one on sandstone ave that agents said would be £600

Maybe so then - I'm surprised. 3 beds in Walkley / crookes can go for that and will be much more to buy.

Ha! Theres some nice ones on the right as you get to the top of the hill coming from Meadowhall side.

I'd be surprised if a 3 bed semi on jenkin ave / sandstone / forthill etc went for £600.

Yeah, that's the ones I was thinking of.

I think they'll perhaps be lucky if out of towners see one near MHall area and starting work around there. You'd get a much nicer house than a terrace in the areas I mentioned.

Obviously your purchase budget is a big consideration, something that we don't know. I'm sure there are much nicer houses in Wincobank than say Hillsbro for same money, but as a renting option, the latter would be far easier to rent, IMO.

Hi,

So you want to purchase btl properties in a city you don't know. Charge extortionate rents from Sheffield residents, and take money out if the Sheffield economy to wherever you are down south I expect.....and you want Sheffield residents to help you....get lost I say

I am investing massively in building a landmark kitchen utensil museum to help boost the area.....your type can stay down south.