Where can I find Sloe berries?

Anyone seen or growing sloe berries in Sheffield

Look out for the white flowers early spring then go back later summer or early autumn. They flower before most deciduous plants have their leaves on so they are easy to spot. They ripen from late August to September. Its been a good year for them. I'm not from your neck of the woods so can't suggest anywhere for you to look.

Always loads around Rother Valley at the right time of year.

Last Monday had a lovely cycle ride round Retford. There were loads of sloes on the road to Clarborough / Hayton. As you leave Retford go down Tiln Lane. Very easy picking.

Picked 2.5 pounds off my allotment this morning, sliced and sugared this evening now will have 2 litres of sloe gin to drink christmas or/and new year.

Don't throw your sloe gin berries away come Christmas - chuck them in a bottle of red wine and then add brandy to make sloe port - it is even nicer than sloe gin!!

Should think there'd be some up Clough Fields and the farmland above Rivelin Valley. Can't say for sure though, haven't been for a stomp round there recently.

Picked 2.5 pounds off my allotment this morning, sliced and sugared this evening now will have 2 litres of sloe gin to drink christmas or/and new year.

Sliced? I've just lobbed them in the bottle! I froze them first...

Both freezers full of fruit and veg, slicing took twenty mins while watching TV. Nearly two weeks in and they are going a deep purple.

Hi, does anyone know where I can pick sloe berries, I live north sheffield so that area would be best but would travel around if necessary, thank you

The places I usually find them have struggled this year, the bushes seem to have a rust/mould type problem. Getting anyone to divulge where they are is hard though, as people tend to want to keep their finds secret!

This year, I haven't found any in Sheffield but have picked over 1kgs of them in Cumbria!