11 cars set on fire in Southey last night (7-10-16)

11 cars were firebombed around the Herries Road and Southey area of Sheffield last night causing thousands of pounds worth of damage, guy I was talking too earlier said they were wearing clown masks, anyone seen these people around last night?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/yobs-set-11-cars-on-fire-in-three-hour-rampage-in-sheffield-1-8170767

Hmmm, I believe that, sounds plausible.

---------- Post added 09-10-2016 at 16:32 ----------

I think before long we will start to see vigilante groups patrolling their own areas, Police are restricted what they can do, the law courts are restricted on what type of sentences can be passed to these scum, so the only way these scum can learn is the hard way.

Police aren't restricted in arresting and charging people who commit arson, don't be daft.

Hmmm, I believe that, sounds plausible.

---------- Post added 09-10-2016 at 16:32 ----------

Police aren't restricted in arresting and charging people who commit arson, don't be daft.

Lets see how quick these mugs get cought then.

Lets see how quick these mugs get cought then.

What does speed of arrest have to do with severity of sentencing?

---------- Post added 10-10-2016 at 22:17 ----------

The clown thing is almost certainly complete bobbins. Or at best, idiots jumping on a bandwagon.

I think before long we will start to see vigilante groups patrolling their own areas, Police are restricted what they can do, the law courts are restricted on what type of sentences can be passed to these scum, so the only way these scum can learn is the hard way.

The maximum penalty for arson is life imprisonment. One of the very few offences that carry that. How is that restrictive?

The police have a power of arrest on suspicion of the offence. How is that restrictive?

from what ive read 11 cars seems a lot , Where was the police when say the 4th or 5th car was set alight ???

from what ive read 11 cars seems a lot , Where was the police when say the 4th or 5th car was set alight ???

When did somebody ring them? They don't have a crystal ball. Could you find out the response time? FOI request maybe?

So lucky no one was hurt!

When did somebody ring them? They don't have a crystal ball. Could you find out the response time? FOI request maybe?

At least 4 cars im told was on a main road , the others was on side roads . im banking someone must have rang the fire services :rolleyes:

At least 4 cars im told was on a main road , the others was on side roads . im banking someone must have rang the fire services :rolleyes:

It was on Herries rd, on a friday night, normally a very busy road full of passing traffic including police, not one so called arsonist was seen nevermind cought, 11 cars torched and so far not one arrest.

it will only become important when someone dies because its spread to their house.

by the way, if my car gets stolen and torched I call the police and all i get is an incident number.

But If i go 32 in a 30 I get pulled and made to sit in the back of a car and lectured too for 30 minutes.

It was on Herries rd, on a friday night, normally a very busy road full of passing traffic including police, not one so called arsonist was seen nevermind cought, 11 cars torched and so far not one arrest.

it will only become important when someone dies because its spread to their house.

by the way, if my car gets stolen and torched I call the police and all i get is an incident number.

But If i go 32 in a 30 I get pulled and made to sit in the back of a car and lectured too for 30 minutes.

Breaking the speed limit can kill people. That's why you get a lecture.

The maximum penalty for arson is life imprisonment. One of the very few offences that carry that. How is that restrictive?

The police have a power of arrest on suspicion of the offence. How is that restrictive?

It's slightly more complicated. There are 3 arson offences, in order of seriousness from lowest to highest: criminal damage; reckless as to whether life is endangered; intent to endanger life. The sentencing is likely accord to the severity. However, setting fire to a car right outside a property could result in a charge of arson reckless which would get you a few years inside. And if it is linked to a mental health problem would get you a section 37, i.e. indefinite detention in secure hospital.