Williams fasteners closes doors

Is this the one on Shepcote Way at Tinsley?

That's the one

---------- Post added 09-10-2016 at 10:41 ----------

Gutted. I restore old car for a hobby and Ifthey didn't have it you couldn't get it. I always found the counter staff helpful and friendly, I hope they find alternative employment soon.

I was always happy to wait for my order to arrive to see the variety of trades who came in, could look at obscure bit of ironmongery and tell exactly what the head size was and what kind of thread it was.

Sad that these kind of companies are disappearing.

No matter what i'll always spot a thread from 300 yards:cool:

This is indeed a thread....irony ?

I've spent many a time waiting for the man to get me the stuff , always cheery I remember you Phil and the other 2 on the counter. Hope it all works out for you all. So much for the recession being over!!! In my opinion it started in 2008 and its still going.

Yes I used to go to green lane often! across a covered stone yard to get to the different counters massive place always took ages to get served

Sad to here this news.

Has a new company been formed though?

Williams Fasteners Trading Ltd

Incorporated 7th Sept 2016.

I doubt it. There was one Director - Susan Battersby who was appointed on 7th September 2016 & resigned on 15th September 2016. Shortest directorship ever:hihi:

my mate arthur clegg worked at williams after he left kaiser ellison bottom of gower st

Phil Murray.... do you recall a driver who worked for Wm Bros called Roy. Its been a while and his surname escapes me. In my drumming days he was a fellow drummer with an excellent band called 'Sweet Lorraine'.

Would that be Roy Ford he worked for them and played the drums ?

my mate arthur clegg worked at williams after he left kaiser ellison bottom of gower st

Heard lots of stories about cleggy... was before my time!

---------- Post added 12-10-2016 at 00:36 ----------

I doubt it. There was one Director - Susan Battersby who was appointed on 7th September 2016 & resigned on 15th September 2016. Shortest directorship ever:hihi:

She's got a lot to answer for?

Sometimes a company is formed to handle the winding up of another company. If a ready formed company is used then the director(s) of that will resign as soon as the directors who are going to actually run the company are appointed.

Things to look for are company name changes shortly after formation and the initial director(s) may have held many short-term directorships.

sorry to say this but for me the death knell came when they moved from Green Lane to the new place and stuck a £15 minimum purchase on stuff.The Rabbit warren was fine and the staff mainly helpful although some of the old dears on the counter were a bit miserable the office girls made up for that Wow some stunners there,The prices were fine and you could just go for one nut and bolt but all that changed when someone with big ideas wanted to take on the world and now its crumbled around him.Thats another slice of old Sheffield folklore gone now,RIP.