Clown Craze has reached Sheffield!

A sad individual with a stupid Halloween mask trying to startle pedestrians waving a terrifying cardboard machete covered in bacofoil out of the passenger window of a knackered white van spotted in S11 today ?

---------- Post added 08-10-2016 at 21:13 ----------

AT least clowns are usually male, those mottled grey trackies are not so bad on lads, but COME ON GIRLS! they accentuate the "sack of ferrets" on you exponentially.

(In other words they don't look too good on females, especially the larger ones)

but you know that anyway, that's why you sleep alone LOL

(It's a Sheffield thing too, Don't see it anywhere else!)

They look bloody awful on lads!!! Usually none too clean either

The Guardian are reporting that 'creepy clowns' are springing up everywhere in Britain, as a response to the craze that's sweeping America (where else? :rolleyes: )

Anyway, not to be out done, Sheffield has it's very own masked joker; but this being Sheffield, he rides around on a mobility scooter! :hihi:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/oct/07/creepy-clown-sightings-craze-speads-britain

Have you seen him on your travels?

We've had this in Sheffield since 2005, when Nick Clegg was elected for Hallam

4 lads dressed as clowns were outside my brother's secondary school on Friday. Apparently they were hiding in the bushes outside and scaring the younger kids. When confronted by the 6th form students they still didn't leave, and the police were informed.

Nowt funny about clowns,they are scary,creepy.

Not like Sheffield forum to turn a thread about something different into a thread judging people for wearing tracksuit bottoms. Personally when I go to make an expensive purchase I dress like a scruff, if the sales people don't treat me with the same respect they would if I wore smart clothing I walk away.

Regarding the clowns, no doubt just a group of youths trying to have misguided fun. Problem with tricks like this is one day one of these clowns will try and scare the wrong person and end up getting a beating. Hanging outside schools is a bit daft too asking for trouble.

AT least clowns are usually male, those mottled grey trackies are not so bad on lads, but COME ON GIRLS! they accentuate the "sack of ferrets" on you exponentially.

(In other words they don't look too good on females, especially the larger ones)

but you know that anyway, that's why you sleep alone LOL

(It's a Sheffield thing too, Don't see it anywhere else!)

I see you went to the same finishing school as Donald Trump.

I see you went to the same finishing school as Donald Trump.

He is right though. (Not Trump).

Oh dear, some people eh ........ Halloween might get banned on the back of this craze, think of the children :D

Seriously though if some people are going to get scared by people wearing clown masks, then what about all the Halloween and fancy dress stuff that is intended for the same effect, I'm sure that in a few weeks time the novelty will wear off.

Oh dear, some people eh ........ Halloween might get banned on the back of this craze, think of the children :D

Seriously though if some people are going to get scared by people wearing clown masks, then what about all the Halloween and fancy dress stuff that is intended for the same effect, I'm sure that in a few weeks time the novelty will wear off.

I think it's more the ones with the knives and bats that are worrying people.

Guest makapaka

I don't think it's just the fact that they're wearing masks. They're also jumping out on people etc.

I've just seen 2 clowns wearing Sheffield Wednesday tops

I've heard you can see a whole team of them on match days at Hillsborough...:)

---------- Post added 11-10-2016 at 10:07 ----------

I don't think it's just the fact that they're wearing masks. They're also jumping out on people etc.

They are chasing people with chainsaws in Poland now..

Soon, someone is going to jump out on the wrong person with a knife, be it fake or real and get the hiding of their life. After a good shoeing I can see they are going to bleat how it was only a bit of fun and its not fair.

Mean while the rest of the world will marvel that they didn't get killed.

When the internet and television is awash with some of the cringe worthy nonsense that is accepted as shock humour these days, it is little wonder that such things happen, in the grand scheme of things I am surprised at the media attention this craze is getting.

Anyway I think clowns look better in red and white stripes :D