Which old forumers are still around?

This is an interesting thread and has raised a few good memories from the SF busy period when i joined in 2007 and to see a few familiar names posting on here is quite reassuring.

I stopped posting and visiting when moderation took an almost Nazi jackboot style with more mods than posters, issuing warnings and bans at every exchange of opinion. Since then, i only look in occasionally and feel that the forum has lost its warmth. As others have said, social media like Facebook has claimed many good posters and even more tragic, so has death.

I do miss the old days of the forum where you had trouble keeping up with the fast pace and when you knew that the same posters would be on at the same time every day but times change and people move on.

I used to be here back in 2006 under a different username - unfortunately some bint who was then working at South Yorkshire Housing Association thought she was being right cool to harrass me so I changed my name. It was fun back in them days and I had lots of laughs. But now I occasionally pop back on for a quick look but really pretty much it's only to sell stuff.

who was the nice guy that did the weather forecasts, I miss him he was always entertaining.

I don't mind doing the weather if there's a job going on here. Hope everyone has their barometric conversion scales to hand though, as I measure atmospheric pressure in alcobars. Been windy on Crookes today for a bit if that counts ... might be tomorrow as well, who can tell?

I don't mind doing the weather if there's a job going on here. Hope everyone has their barometric conversion scales to hand though, as I measure atmospheric pressure in alcobars. Been windy on Crookes today for a bit if that counts ... might be tomorrow as well, who can tell?

no offence alco. but i think we"ll stick with paul hudson.

no offence alco. but i think we"ll stick with paul hudson.

No offence taken.

ahh! sorry alco. now you"ve upset me.

Well they do say if you have lived on Crookes then you can live anywhere in the country

I joined in 2006. I left the UK in 2010 so my contributions diminished then. I remember Bartfarst, and while I didn't agree with him, he was by far the most erudite antagonist this forum has ever had.

I also wonder if SlimSid ever got his end away.

I joined in 2006. I left the UK in 2010 so my contributions diminished then. I remember Bartfarst, and while I didn't agree with him, he was by far the most erudite antagonist this forum has ever had.

I also wonder if SlimSid ever got his end away.

I remember him well!!

I've been here quite a while.

:D :D

Medusa has regular 'calming herbal tea evenings' for stressed mods. If that doesn't work they all pile into the pub for something even more relaxing....

Hey Dragontail, I think I bought / you gave me an ancient apple MAC for some reason a long time ago!!

---------- Post added 23-11-2016 at 15:51 ----------

I think Sian should put her Mod hat back on :D

---------- Post added 23-11-2016 at 15:56 ----------

ARPEEGEE* has gone to the dark side (MOved Daaaan Saaaaaf)

*probably spelt wrong!

Edited by neeeeeeeeeek

I'm still here since April 2005 but being the quiet sort I doubt I'll be remembered. I don't visit as often as I used to though.......just pop in now and again to see what you are all up to. :D

I'm still here since April 2005 but being the quiet sort I doubt I'll be remembered. I don't visit as often as I used to though.......just pop in now and again to see what you are all up to. :D

I remember you! These posts are ringing lots of bells.