Which old forumers are still around?

Personal fave was always BasilRathbon.

He last posted in 2014, funny guy though.

I loved Basil!

Some of his posts were quite close to the knuckle!, but he made me crease.

I originally joined to sponsor AgentOrange, who, back then, was known as Dickdastardly. He does alot of fundraising for charity and he told me about this forum on another forum we chatted on and I loved it here so stayed a while.

I do miss those days where people were less offended by what was written on this forum. These days it seems you can't even belch without someone taking the humph and threads getting pulled because of it.

All the fun has gone and it's such a shame as this was a brilliant place.

I log on now and then to see what's what, but this is my first post in a very long time.

I log on now and then to see what's what, but this is my first post in a very long time.

I think a lot of old members must lurk. How else would so many of you have posted in this? :)

I think a lot of old members must lurk. How else would so many of you have posted in this? :)

Of course we do! I'm to nosey not to! :)

I loved Basil!

Some of his posts were quite close to the knuckle!, but he made me crease.

I originally joined to sponsor AgentOrange, who, back then, was known as Dickdastardly. He does alot of fundraising for charity and he told me about this forum on another forum we chatted on and I loved it here so stayed a while.

I do miss those days where people were less offended by what was written on this forum. These days it seems you can't even belch without someone taking the humph and threads getting pulled because of it.

All the fun has gone and it's such a shame as this was a brilliant place.

Bang on Sarah,I often think of a subject that would make the Forum interesting and a bit of fun at the same time but then decide not to bother as it may upset some sensitive soul and get pulled or result in a ban.

Bang on Sarah,I often think of a subject that would make the Forum interesting and a bit of fun at the same time but then decide not to bother as it may upset some sensitive soul and get pulled or result in a ban.

To be honest I don't think Internet forums are not has popular as they once were. Facebook and other social media have taken over they provided a space thats more personal and more freedom to express ones option. Iv noticed a lot of regular posters have gone now like Plaintaker who's passion for history made this forum interesting to read I think people take what is written on the screen too personal now hence why theirs little humor on here because some take offence too it. Like the old saying goes every dog has its day .

Wow this has brought back some very interesting and colourful memories. Hello, by the way, to anyone who remembers me (I was dick dastardly when I registered initially, changing to my current username a few years later).

I very rarely post on here now, though I occasionally have a crafty read now and then.

joined end 2005, still here but not nearly as active as i used to be, tend to read more than post now or stick to the useful boards rather than the killing time boards if that makes sense. in posting this i just realised that was 11 years ago and now i suddenly feel aged!

I joined in 2003. I've changed username and rarely post these days, partly due to Facebook but mainly because I no longer have the time or energy to argue with people over absolutely everything!

There's some usernames I've not seen for a long time...

It seems a lot of previously active forumers still have a quick look on here just to see if it has improved and returned to it's former glory ,as in recent years it seems to have gone a bit negative .Although i am not a frequent poster i have enjoyed reading many a fun thread over the years there has been some great characters who has helped me keep the connection with home .Probably like others reading this thread i feel a little guilty that i did not get more involved ,maybe if more of us had done this SF would still be the great forum it once was.

Yes and what has happened to Plaintalker anyone know ?