Which old forumers are still around?

Just an observation. But a lot have posters have said they are long timers, but rarely post. Just read threads. Any reason why? (just wondering)

:huh:

They are obviously in awe of the boundless knowledge of some of the forum aficionados and feel they can no longer compete with the sparkling wit and repartee of the rest of us... ;)

I miss Rich. Now that was trolling!

And t020, you could wind him up so easily about Ecclesall Road. Say it was in Ecclesall or misspell it and there'd be hours of entertainment.

And t020, you could wind him up so easily about Ecclesall Road. Say it was in Ecclesall or misspell it and there'd be hours of entertainment.

Anyone remember MR BENN? Other members used to wind him up a treat in his crusade against illegal bikers and quad bikers.

---------- Post added 11-10-2016 at 14:46 ----------

Personal fave was always BasilRathbon.

He last posted in 2014, funny guy though.

I still glance at the forum now and again, I can't say I'm at all as active on here as I once was though. I still see quite a few faces from the forums glory days who are always a pleasure to see.

Just an observation. But a lot have posters have said they are long timers, but rarely post. Just read threads. Any reason why? (just wondering)

Truthful answers from many would result in the thread being locked/deleted.

You can see all the earlier joiners in this too. I found me, it even has the time :hihi:

edit, looking at who joined around me hardly anyone posted much. Though reason for edit is Captain Swing joined same day as me, and posted in this thread, quite a coincidence as so few posters from that time still use here.

Found me... page 849, 01-11-2005 at 00:08 haha!!

I didn't think there would be 800+ pages before me :o

It would be interesting to see how many 'registered' there are if you removed all those with 0 posts, and all those who haven't logged in for more than 3 or 4 years etc....

Put it this way if it was a pub you would have grown tired of the same people hijacking every conversation with the same jaundiced views everytime you went for a pint you would have found another local ages ago!!

I joined in 2004, Together with Harley, Sierra, and others domiciled in the USA we tried to present what was good about our place, and surprised at so much anti feeling. I never lost my love for my homeland, and good times in Sheffield, but Canada and the US welcomed me with open arms, and after I lost my wife in a car crash helped me get my life back even so far as finding a new wife with whom I have been for 34 years.

Or mention the Daily Mail. ;)

Found me... page 849, 01-11-2005 at 00:08 haha!!

I didn't think there would be 800+ pages before me :o

It would be interesting to see how many 'registered' there are if you removed all those with 0 posts, and all those who haven't logged in for more than 3 or 4 years etc....

Yes. If you take out people with fewer than say 10 posts, it probably removes about 80% of the membership number (i.e not spammers).

I'd expect a successful forum to have 1 to 2% membership regularly posting. Then the next segment of 18%ish to be made up of odd checking of the site, up to regular lurkers and occasional posters. The rest joined and left.

Put it this way if it was a pub you would have grown tired of the same people hijacking every conversation with the same jaundiced views everytime you went for a pint you would have found another local ages ago!!

Like I said above, I think most people who don't post, or post once and leave just forget about it. Of the remaining 20% who actually post, then for the pub analogy, I see it more as being a few pubs, and you pick and choose which ones you like to converse with people in. Of course, some people hijack all the pubs :hihi: In pub terms aren't they called drifters? Pop in each one and spout a load of ****, then leave :D

I joined in 2004, Together with Harley, Sierra, and others domiciled in the USA we tried to present what was good about our place, and surprised at so much anti feeling. I never lost my love for my homeland, and good times in Sheffield, but Canada and the US welcomed me with open arms, and after I lost my wife in a car crash helped me get my life back even so far as finding a new wife with whom I have been for 34 years.

Yeah, but you like a good argument don't you Buck? That's why you're still posting ;)

I wasnt long after you SHarper. 2005 I joined.

There were some great and prolific posters on here through the years, Red robbo(RIP), ckgsheff, longcol and Ruby dazzler spring to mind. All were already here when I joined

Me too!! :)

Hi buck, Harleyman hasn't been around lately, I hope he's ok. I still love this forum, though I'm not as active. As you know, a lot of British people come to California (for all kinds of reasons) and most of them are pretty decent. I'm less enamored of Londoners and much prefer the Northerners.

The English have the reputation of being a bit cold, but I've found that while they may be a bit slower to warm up to someone, they are hardly what I would call cold. Most are very warm and friendly once they get to know you. And of course there is the accent. :love:

Anyway, there are a few old forumers I miss, BoroughGal, Kristian, timo, Lord Chaverly and Joe P. I noticed a while ago that rubydazzler rarely posts anymore. Does anyone know where she is? And Plain Talker seems to have disappeared as well.