Which old forumers are still around?

WOW...I'm one of the newby's, relatively speaking. I joined in Aug 2008 when I first moved to Sheffield.
Same here. After my first 4 years' worth of forum activity on Boards.ie (I was a late comer to web forums), as we had just moved back to the UK and Sheffield, I discovered SF by accident as I was looking for a similar 'local' web forum with a for sale/free ads section.

I have recognised many of the 'where are they' names posted in here, and also have fond memories of some of them :)

I joined in 2006 but with a different user name, i can't remember it exactly but i'm pretty sure it had chelle in it but with different numbers.. Anyway i came off it for quite some time and i didnt come back on until 2012 and i had forgotten my user name and password so just set up a new account x

December 2002 it first appeared.

Yeah, I based it on the oldest post I could find on the forum rather than doing a Google.

WOW...I'm one of the newby's, relatively speaking. I joined in Aug 2008 when I first moved to Sheffield.

Then I moved to the 'dark side' (became a mod)...Nobody likes me now...

(come on...get yer violins out!) :)

Aw, you poor old sausage. To be honest I think your mod/like status is still on the high side. Good on you! :thumbsup:

Same here. After my first 4 years' worth of forum activity on Boards.ie (I was a late comer to web forums), as we had just moved back to the UK and Sheffield, I discovered SF by accident as I was looking for a similar 'local' web forum with a for sale/free ads section.

I have recognised many of the 'where are they' names posted in here, and also have fond memories of some of them :)

I miss Rossy Rooney...His jokes were hilarious, and rarely had a bad word to say about anyone!

Aw, you poor old sausage. To be honest I think your mod/like status is still on the high side. Good on you! :thumbsup:

Thanks draggle...I do 'try' to be fair and equitable and I'm generally up for a giggle even if it is at my expense occasionally.

:suspect:

... so's his blood pressure! ;)

Yeah, I based it on the oldest post I could find on the forum rather than doing a Google.

Not google but Archive.org which has a great tool for seeing snapshots of sites. Seems the domain was registered on the 10th December 2002 about the first forum site was on or before the 18th December.

:suspect:

... so's his blood pressure! ;)

Surprisingly, anyone who 'really' knows me, sees me as extremely laid back, to the point of being horizontal.

But yes I do have 'moments'

:wave:

Surprisingly, anyone who 'really' knows me, sees me as extremely laid back, to the point of being horizontal.

But yes I do have 'moments'

I wasn't going to post on this thread because there's not really anyone I miss on here...

... probably because most are still with us in one guise or another! ;)

But yes Pete I agree with you... Mr Rossy was a gem who'll never be replaced! :(

And Boyfriday I think his name was, I used to like his posts

And Boyfriday I think his name was, I used to like his posts

I think he's still around, though doesn't post as much as he used to.