Network problem help!

hi i need some help before i pull my hair out!

im having a problem with my network and connection/downloads to my ps4...

the problem and my attempts at a fix so far...

trying to download a 18gig game says 30+hours remaining..

have tried forwarding all relivent ports..nothing

have tried putting my ps4 into the dmz on the router..nothing

changed MTU size..nothing..

changed DNS server to 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4... nothing

changed DNS to openDNS 208.67.222.222 208.67.2020.220.. slight improvement but nothing major..

i have since upgraded my router to a Netgear nighthawk x6..nothing

upgraded the standard openreach modem..nothing

I then set up a PPOE connection direct from the modem to the ps4..nothing

So as a final step i tried using my phone as a wifi hotspot....

download goes from 30+hours to about a hour!!

WHY WONT IT WORK THROUGH MY HOME BROADBAND!!

my mate next door downloaded the same file just fine!

So could it be my actual ISP? as we have different providers??

my speeds are about 50-55 down and 15-20 up so its not a speed issue with my broadband...

im so lost and have no clue what the problem is or how to sort it! please someone help!:(

Hello adz1512,

Myself I only have PS3 so not sure if following steps will work for you. Trie to access internet from PS4 and go straight to speedtest.net website. On PS3 I was able to initiate the broadband speed test. Or the should be connection status check somewhere in PS4 menu. Also have you tried setting up static IP. That might help too.

Thanks!

Sounds like your ISP is throttling such connections to ensure that the rest of the customers get a reasonable service. You will probably find that things run faster after midnight to about 5am - try it then?

This is WiFi right?

Have you tried using a really long Ethernet cable from the router to the PS4?

Also you could try putting your PS4 into the DMZ of the router so there's no restrictions on the connection. You'll have to set up your router to always give your PS4 the same address (static IP) otherwise something else might end up in the DMZ and be attacked. PS4 don't usually get hacked so I'd say your safe putting that in the DMZ.

If after all that it's still not doing it properly then I'd contact your ISP.

Did you run your Speed Test through a local provider. Some ISP's set up their own Speed Test servers which naturally has the lowest ping time so the Speed Test app automatically chooses it to perform the test. This doesn't give a true representation of your speed going out to the internet, just the speed between you and your provider.

This is WiFi right?

Have you tried using a really long Ethernet cable from the router to the PS4?

Also you could try putting your PS4 into the DMZ of the router so there's no restrictions on the connection. You'll have to set up your router to always give your PS4 the same address (static IP) otherwise something else might end up in the DMZ and be attacked. PS4 don't usually get hacked so I'd say your safe putting that in the DMZ.

If after all that it's still not doing it properly then I'd contact your ISP.

Did you run your Speed Test through a local provider. Some ISP's set up their own Speed Test servers which naturally has the lowest ping time so the Speed Test app automatically chooses it to perform the test. This doesn't give a true representation of your speed going out to the internet, just the speed between you and your provider.

thanks for the reply.. its the same wireless and wired.. my ethernet cable to my router is only a 3m ethernet...

i said in my post i tried putting the ps4 into the dmz, and tried creating a direct ppoe connection from the modem to totally bypass the router but still same.. speedtest have been run on speedtest.net and also btwholesale speed tests.

My isp is origin broadband, ive contacted them who say nothing on my connection is getting managed/throttled. i also have a static ip address on both my broadband connection aswell as setting the ps4 to a static ip.

im truly at a loss as to the problem, it can only be my isp that is doing SOMETHING!

thanks for the reply.. its the same wireless and wired.. my ethernet cable to my router is only a 3m ethernet...

i said in my post i tried putting the ps4 into the dmz, and tried creating a direct ppoe connection from the modem to totally bypass the router but still same.. speedtest have been run on speedtest.net and also btwholesale speed tests.

My isp is origin broadband, ive contacted them who say nothing on my connection is getting managed/throttled. i also have a static ip address on both my broadband connection aswell as setting the ps4 to a static ip.

im truly at a loss as to the problem, it can only be my isp that is doing SOMETHING!

Set everything back to default, no DMZ, using DHCP for the PS4, all default/auto settings, but enable "uPNP" on the router, the PS4 should auto map any ports it needs, as and when it needs them (that's what uPNP is for) - no reason to DMZ anything, unless you're hosting something from within your home/behind the router...

Where are you downloading the file from? The PlayStation Network? It could be them that's limiting your bandwidth. Is there an option to down the file onto another device and transfer it with a USB HDD?

Sounds like it's ether the location of the PS4 in the house and the router and the wifi signal is poor, or the ISP is throttling things and not telling you.

Have you tried changing the wifi channel on the router in case it's getting a load of interference?

Sounds like it's ether the location of the PS4 in the house and the router and the wifi signal is poor, or the ISP is throttling things and not telling you.

Have you tried changing the wifi channel on the router in case it's getting a load of interference?

He's done it on the cable and it made no difference.

He's done it on the cable and it made no difference.

Ah yeah, I missed that bit. I suspect Origin throttling P2P services then like downloads from the Playstation network, and being a bit economical with the 'no limits' truth. I can't find the Origin KFI anywhere online to see the small print.

After personal experience with Origin I would not trust them as far as I can throw them!!

I believe they resell various wholesale products so more than possible they're throttling you.

modem & router are both brand new and in same room as the ps4 that ive tried wired and wireless. ive run a auto speed tester roughly every 30 mins for 24 hour and it shows a mojor difference between peak and off peak times.. but i know that wont be enough to prove anything as i just get told that "speed test arnt an accurate representation of real world results" also it could be the ps4 servers struggling in peak hours but why can the guy next door download things fine! my connection seems to go to SH*T at night between 6 and 12... unable to stream 1080p video sometimes let alone trying to stream anything in 4k...

it seems to be when trying to do little things online like watch a video where i have problems aswell. if i download something p2p its slow for like 5 min then its like it thinks ohh he wants more bandwith and speeds up abit..

---------- Post added 12-10-2016 at 15:02 ----------

http://imgur.com/a/NqbVx

---------- Post added 12-10-2016 at 15:03 ----------

as you can see my connection is allover the place but it deffo shows peak hours its suffering