Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

Dont give to beggars.

If you really want to help then give to homeless charities.

Yes I quite agree with you. One cannot determine the truly needy from the "scammers" . Years ago there was a guy in town who drove in changed into his "begging" gear and turned quite an income from it, he's probably got a pyramid scheme going now.

Guest makapaka
My heart breaks for the dogs. :(

This is the sort of comment is a good indicator of what is wrong with our society these days.

How one human can walk past another human begging on the street - and feel sorry for the dog instead.

A dog.

Not the human - the dog laying next to them.

Unbelievable.

This is the sort of comment is a good indicator of what is wrong with our society these days.

How one human can walk past another human begging on the street - and feel sorry for the dog instead.

A dog.

Unbelievable.

I CAN walk past a beggar and feel more sorry for his dog than the beggar, and will continue to do so ! The dog doesn’t take the money and spend it on drink and drugs ! :rant:

You could give a beggar £100 but they would still be begging the next day and any dog is to get people's sympathy. Why is it these beggars are 18 to 25 years old?

Guest makapaka
I CAN walk past a beggar and feel more sorry for his dog than the beggar, and will continue to do so ! The dog doesn’t take the money and spend it on drink and drugs ! :rant:

Of course you can - god help us.

Yes I quite agree with you. One cannot determine the truly needy from the "scammers" . Years ago there was a guy in town who drove in changed into his "begging" gear and turned quite an income from it, he's probably got a pyramid scheme going now.

The cold winter weather will separate the real homeless from the scammers.

The cold winter weather will separate the real homeless from the scammers.

Spot on !.....

You could give a beggar £100 but they would still be begging the next day and any dog is to get people's sympathy. Why is it these beggars are 18 to 25 years old?

It's because they work in teams, like the one that sits next to the cash machine at the Ecclesall Road Sainsbury with their shared dog.

Beggars come in two varieties, 1. smack rats and 2. scammers. Don't give your money to either of them.

ENG601PM Teams make it sound like a sport I prefer Gangs and you are correct do not give money to them . If you need to give money do what a couple of post have said give it to a charity what can best distribute it to those need it and not to these scammers it should be an offence to give money to these scammers

A dog.

Unbelievable.

It isn't unbelievable at all. The dog has no choice in being here. The human is there to try and con people out of money. That's a major difference.

Please don't fall victim to the scam that is thinking these people are homeless. As every expert has, and continues to say, they are not homeless.

It's because they work in teams, like the one that sits next to the cash machine at the Ecclesall Road Sainsbury with their shared dog.

Beggars come in two varieties, 1. smack rats and 2. scammers. Don't give your money to either of them.

I have literally never seen that spot freed up for months. Mildly annoyed when I see people giving money away to them, I'm pretty certain there's no genuine need there.