Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I’m sure Ive seen him begging previously. Glad he’s now doing time.! Thinking of all the pensioners who have given him money because they felt sorry for him.

20 hours ago, Halibut said:

Yeah, that'll solve alcoholism, addiction, sexual abuse, PTSD and homelessness within a generation I'm sure.

All of the above have gone on for years, although PTSD was called shell shock. The Drug thing even in the swinging 60's

was much a myth, probably the only illegal think you could get on Fargate then (Chappel Walk) was a copy of OZ magazine.

16 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

All of the above have gone on for years, although PTSD was called shell shock. The Drug thing even in the swinging 60's

was much a myth, probably the only illegal think you could get on Fargate then (Chappel Walk) was a copy of OZ magazine.

What an era the 60s was, no massive influx of drugs, no cheap booze from supermarkets, plenty of employment..

Fast forward to 2019, drugs in plentiful supply, cheap booze in every corner shop.. It's a rat race now, survival of the fittest and the weak go to the wall, hence the rise in homeliness . I'm alright Jack, and sod everyone else.

5 hours ago, pattricia said:

Glad he’s now doing time.!

I don't think he is doing time at the moment if I have read the report correctly. 

There are quite a few conditions attached to the order though.  He is not even permitted to sit in public places. So he has to be very careful if he wants to remain free.

On 23/10/2019 at 19:45, pattricia said:

Happens all the time FinBak ! Also you dare not leave any medical needles or drugs laying about or the addicts pinch them ! 

Forgive me...Are you a Nurse?..

How do you know these things?

I thought addicts could get free needles from certain chemists.

6 hours ago, FinBak said:

Forgive me...Are you a Nurse?..

How do you know these things?

Yes, actually I was.

Guest makapaka
On 24/10/2019 at 20:35, Padders said:

What an era the 60s was, no massive influx of drugs, no cheap booze from supermarkets, plenty of employment..

Fast forward to 2019, drugs in plentiful supply, cheap booze in every corner shop.. It's a rat race now, survival of the fittest and the weak go to the wall, hence the rise in homeliness . I'm alright Jack, and sod everyone else.

Ahh the good old 60s...

people living in slums, Vietnam War, Cuban Missile Crisis.  What’s not to like.

59 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Ahh the good old 60s...

Cheers Maka,  didn't know that... I never read newspapers, I was too busy enjoying myself.

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Ahh the good old 60s...

In another 60 years the houses what we are living in now will be slums, plus, the  Vietnam War and Cuban Missile Crisis, we was not directly involved with, not like the wars that our men have died in the last 10-15 years. and still fighting,

anyone that was a teenager in the 60s has had AND still having the best time in history to be alive, not like the poor sods know.

Guest makapaka
45 minutes ago, kidley said:

In another 60 years the houses what we are living in now will be slums, plus, the  Vietnam War and Cuban Missile Crisis, we was not directly involved with, not like the wars that our men have died in the last 10-15 years. and still fighting,

anyone that was a teenager in the 60s has had AND still having the best time in history to be alive, not like the poor sods know.

Rose tinted again - there were almost as many British soldiers killed in the 60s alone than there have been in the last 20 years. 

I don’t doubt people had a good time - no point pretending it was some utopian time though cos it absolutely wasn’t.