Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

What makes you say that Liam? 

I don't think Pattricia is the type of person to make things up. 

Edited by Janus

i am not disbelieving anybody but, what i do know is, there are alot more panhandlers in the us than here.

that is not to say any post here is untrue.

The awful thing here is that this shouldn't be happening at all...It's 2019 NOT 1719.

What ever the excuses these folks have for the need to BEG on the streets is abhorrent and a shame.

Begging should be banned. 

If the needy REALLY need something then they should find a legitimate way of obtaining it.( Like the rest of us have.)

@kidley

What is a pan handler? The only reference I have  come across was in Viz-something to do with a male in an excited state.

2 hours ago, FinBak said:

The awful thing here is that this shouldn't be happening at all...It's 2019 NOT 1719.

What ever the excuses these folks have for the need to BEG on the streets is abhorrent and a shame.

Begging should be banned. 

If the needy REALLY  need something then they should find a legitimate way of obtaining it.( Like the rest of us have.)

@FinBak

I will stand corrected, but I was under the impression that begging was illegal, in England at least?

If the money is needed for crack, then I doubt there are many jobs paying wages at an amount that would be enough. Unless of course it was a professional position. If it was such a job, I do wonder if a crack addict could maintain such work.

18 hours ago, pattricia said:

My son was over from America and felt so sorry for a beggar sitting outside M & S that he went inside and bought him a sandwich. He handed it to him, and the beggar pulled a face, and threw it over his shoulder in disgust.! They don’t want food, they want money for drink and drugs.!

You say that like it's a bad thing - try living on the streets a while and you'd probably be very glad of some strong booze and drugs.

It's like walking into an empathy vacuum on here much of the time.

38 minutes ago, Halibut said:

You say that like it's a bad thing - try living on the streets a while and you'd probably be very glad of some strong booze and drugs.

It's like walking into an empathy vacuum on here much of the time.

I’ve never read such a ridiculous answer on this forum ! Try walking round The Childrens Hospital one day and see young children with life threatening illnesses ! Now THATS something to worry about !

13 hours ago, liam1412 said:

I'd have a fiver each way on this never happening

I have seen this happen, a woman bought him a meal deal all in a bag he walked round corner put it in the bin.

14 hours ago, liam1412 said:

I’d have more than a fiver on it that stuff like that does happen 

9 minutes ago, rudds1 said:

I’d have more than a fiver on it that stuff like that does happen 

Research showed that most homeless people were there because of something that they had done to make themselves homeless. Also a lot of them had actually turned down the offer of housing.

19 hours ago, liam1412 said:

Wrong.  It happened to me.  A beggar outside McDonalds.  He was asking for money.   I said I'd go in and get him a drink or anything else and he angrily replied <Removed> off I just want money".

Edited by nikki-red

4 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Wrong.  It happened to me.  A beggar outside McDonalds.  He was asking for money.   I said I'd go in and get him a drink or anything else and he angrily replied "f**k off I just want money".

As anybody ever considered the fact, that if everyone bought them a sandwich and a coffee, they would get just a bit fed up.