Jump to content
We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Details to follow.

Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

Recommended Posts

Believe one used to commute daily from Nottingham to Sheffield, in his relation's mobility car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Darkwitch14 said:

Quite a few homeless around City Centre . I wonder if some are not actually homeless but one of those that are pulling a scam . When they finish , they get changed & drive off in their BMW . 

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/434807-beggars-homeless-street-drinkers-amp-drug-users-in-sheffield/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve spoken to one of the Police PCSO’s recently who hold drop ins at Crookes Co-op and they are advising people not to give money to the beggar who sits outside as he has his own flat and is on full benefits. This has been verified by a Support Worker on the Crookes Community Facebook page who knows him.

I work nearby and several old aged pensioners have told me he tells them he is homeless. This is obviously in order to instill sympathy for him so they will give him money, which they have done.
It’s unscrupulous people like this who give genuine homeless people a bad name.

Edited by AwayOwl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most beggars in Sheffield are not homeless (it's been proved many times ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, rayggb said:

Most beggars in Sheffield are not homeless (it's been proved many times ).

This is true. You are just giving them drug money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, pattricia said:

This is true. You are just giving them drug money.

More reason not to give money. ,if they are genuinely homeless they would accept clothes / blankets etc instead 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rudds1 said:

More reason not to give money. ,if they are genuinely homeless they would accept clothes / blankets etc instead 

None of them have ever had a penny piece from me.  Get rid of the fraudsters and chancers and even this hard heart might show some sympathy - but until then they can all 'whistle'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Martin C said:

None of them have ever had a penny piece from me.  Get rid of the fraudsters and chancers and even this hard heart might show some sympathy - but until then they can all 'whistle'.

Don't get into Sheff much nowadays, but couldn't believe the open drug sales going on in Fargate.

These guy's stood out like a sore thumb, 

it was nice to see the regeneration of the Moor, love all the serious stones and walkways around Charter Sq.

The buskers in Sheff are always a delight and talented. 

Define genuine? homeless ? is no easy task anymore. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, pattricia said:

This is true. You are just giving them drug money.

A lady posted on the Crookes Community Facebook page that the beggar who sits outside the Co-op At Crookes told her that he needed a sum of money in order to get bed and breakfast accommodation that night. She gave him money and later that day saw him coming out of the Crookes branch of Bargain Booze with a selection of drinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, AwayOwl said:

A lady posted on the Crookes Community Facebook page that the beggar who sits outside the Co-op At Crookes told her that he needed a sum of money in order to get bed and breakfast accommodation that night. She gave him money and later that day saw him coming out of the Crookes branch of Bargain Booze with a selection of drinks.

My son was over from America and felt so sorry for a beggar sitting outside M & S that he went inside and bought him a sandwich. He handed it to him, and the beggar pulled a face, and threw it over his shoulder in disgust.! They don’t want food, they want money for drink and drugs.!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pattricia said:

My son was over from America and felt so sorry for a beggar sitting outside M & S that he went inside and bought him a sandwich. He handed it to him, and the beggar pulled a face, and threw it over his shoulder in disgust.! They don’t want food, they want money for drink and drugs.!

Marmite isn't to everybody's taste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Marmite isn't to everybody's taste.

True... lol..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.