Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

If you are homeless and are struggling to find a meal, I doubt if much time is spent on how to live ethically.

20 minutes ago, prolific said:

dogs are nothing like wild animals read into them 

I dont need to, thanks.

What I'm saying is, they are an animal more adept at living outdoors than a human. I have dogs and have done for years. I love and treat them well, but also I understand the difference in human needs and abilities and those of dogs.

2 hours ago, jaffa1 said:

I asked a homeless chap how he could afford to keep a dog and he told me if you are registered as having a dog then you can claim extra money.

Extra Money....Where from?

1 hour ago, FinBak said:

Extra Money....Where from?

The State with their benefits of course.

10 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

Never heard of extra benefits for owning a dog.

Perhaps you'd like to supply a link to the benefits website that tells people they can claim benefits for dogs.

11 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

What does that mean, have you never benefited from the state?

if they get benefits for themselves and dog why are they begging , that should have been your second question. 

24 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

"most" homeless struggle to get benefits precisely because they are homeless

Wrong-homeless people 

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

"most" homeless struggle to get benefits precisely because they are homeless

Wrong-homeless people can, and for the most part do, claim benefits using a basic post office account to receive their entitlement. A lot of homeless people receive DLA or PIP due to alcohol or drug dependency Heath related conditions. They can also claim Housing Benefit for nights spent in hostels such as Salvation Army and St Anne’s which is how the hostels receive most of their funding 

3 minutes ago, catmiss said:

Wrong-homeless people can, and for the most part do, claim benefits using a basic post office account to receive their entitlement. A lot of homeless people receive DLA or PIP due to alcohol or drug dependency Heath related conditions. They can also claim Housing Benefit for nights spent in hostels such as Salvation Army and St Anne’s which is how the hostels receive most of their funding 

And of course they never ever get sanctioned because their chaotic lifestyles mean they don't always make their appointments on time.............

Of course they do but that’s the same for all JSA claimants. DLA/PIP and ESA don’t have the same reporting conditions.

22 hours ago, catmiss said:

Wrong-homeless people 

Do you begrudge them of their benefits?