Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

Guest makapaka
5 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Arrest them for what?

Begging?

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Begging?

9 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Arrest them for what?

Use the vagrancy act. 

6 minutes ago, scrapper said:

arrest them for what.... are you real.

Arrest them under the vagrancy act. I know fake beggars are not vagrants but I dont know if we have another law we can arrest them for.

Your level of compassion knows literally no bounds.  You actually want to arrest people for being homeless now, or perhaps for not being quite homeless enough.

And after they're arrested?  How much public money should we waste on a prosecution?  And then when they clearly won't be able to pay a fine, what should we do?  Put them in the workhouse perhaps?

10 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Your level of compassion knows literally no bounds.  You actually want to arrest people for being homeless now, or perhaps for not being quite homeless enough.

And after they're arrested?  How much public money should we waste on a prosecution?  And then when they clearly won't be able to pay a fine, what should we do?  Put them in the workhouse perhaps?

No I want to arrest the fake beggars.  Not the homeless people.

Guest makapaka
27 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

He was quite specific about people pretending to be homeless.

34 minutes ago, woodmally said:

No I want to arrest the fake beggars.  Not the homeless people.

Seems like a massive waste of public money to be honest.

And presupposes that you can somehow identify that someone either really is homeless or isn't.

Edited by Cyclone

tell that to the people that feel threatened and intimidated like some of them like to do.

Threatening or intimidating behaviour is a crime for which they definitely could and should be arrested.

Being homeless isn't.

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

And presupposes that you can somehow identify that someone either really is homeless or isn't.

Not really it takes 10 to 20 minutes to arrest someone.  And I would be able to hazard a guess as to who is fake and who isn't but I know one group of people who know all the homeless people and all the fake beggars as they patrol the streets regularly. They are called the police.  What are you saying we should not tackle fake begging and let them get on with it?  The big issue sellars who face this problem and are losing money because of it would disagree as the fake beggars hang around near them.  The genuine homeless who you claim to speak for would also disagree as they are being tarnished with the same brush.

Edited by woodmally

2 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Some societies would put them to death.