Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

I am a worker in Sheffield City centre, iam sick to death of being approached every dinner time by this people asking if I've got any spare change, these people are always drunk or high on drugs, I find this very intimidating.

Sheffield is not a good place to visit.

I am a worker in Sheffield City centre, iam sick to death of being approached every dinner time by this people asking if I've got any spare change, these people are always drunk or high on drugs, I find this very intimidating.

Sheffield is not a good place to visit.

I also work in the centre at the foot of the moor and workers there are fed up with it many of those asking for money are clearly drunk or on drugs and it is particularly intimidating for female/young members of staff to be harassed for money as they walk to the bus stop at night.

I wish more people understood that giving them money is not helping. I dont go to work all day to make 'spare change' to hand over to people with drug/alcohol issues to go straight into the hands of dealers. They are not just in the city centre now and it's difficult to avoid them. These people need qualified help to help them with their issues so please donate to a homeless charity if you want to help.

I also work in the centre at the foot of the moor and workers there are fed up with it many of those asking for money are clearly drunk or on drugs and it is particularly intimidating for female/young members of staff to be harassed for money as they walk to the bus stop at night.

I've seen the police try to deal with them and get a load of verbal abuse from the 'do good' public for doing so, and demanding that they leave them alone. It a no win situation. Opinions are so divided.

I've seen the police try to deal with them and get a load of verbal abuse from the 'do good' public for doing so, and demanding that they leave them alone. It a no win situation. Opinions are so divided.

If police get abuse so what,they should do their job and shift them.

If police get abuse so what,they should do their job and shift them.

They did. But it amazes me that members of the public have so much sympathy for these fake homeless.

They did. But it amazes me that members of the public have so much sympathy for these fake homeless.

Political correctness is epidemic, with no known cure.:loopy:

Political correctness is epidemic, with no known cure.:loopy:

it's not political correctness at all, it's compassion, a concept you may be unfamiliar with.

maybe some are fake but some certainly aren't and it's far better to let a fake homeless person go unharrassed than harass a real homeless person.

it's not political correctness at all, it's compassion, a concept you may be unfamiliar with.

maybe some are fake but some certainly aren't and it's far better to let a fake homeless person go unharrassed than harass a real homeless person.

Would be good if all of them didn't harass the public.

From what I have been reading, it is the beggars who are doing the harassing, not the public. Some of these people make a better living than you do. I have seen it first hand on the streets over here. The real homeless/ street people, don't bother other people, they are too proud to beg. Some won't even apply for welfare.

Edited by TORONTONY

Absolutely well said!

They are the public