Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

It must be bad. Just read that the Tent City bloke is not doing City Centre anymore as its over run with spice. Even council are now doing an ad campaign

It must be bad. Just read that the Tent City bloke is not doing City Centre anymore as its over run with spice. Even council are now doing an ad campaign

God, what sort of society have we become...?

Makapacka,

Ashely Sims is an example.

Edited by petemcewan

sorry i failed to see any mention of anthony cunningham or tent city or even the homless in that link. having done a control F search for each.

i would not worry too much about ther spice heads their use of spice is their own decision they are seemingly harmless but I acknowledge that their presence is considered a bit of an inconvenience or eyesore by some but these particular junkies they will fade away and be forgotten eventually

their chosen drug does not affect other non-users like some drugs that are smoked in public for example and they do provide an excellent example to children and others as to why you should not use drugs.

they appear to get nothing out of using it and for most people that is not really an incentive to get involved with it

i woud advocate for the ones littering the streets withtheir own bodies that the authorities round them up and do not release them until there is no trace of spice, which they might be under the influence of, in their systems.

sorry i failed to see any mention of anthony cunningham or tent city or even the homless in that link. having done a control F search for each.

i would not worry too much about ther spice heads their use of spice is their own decision they are seemingly harmless but I acknowledge that their presence is considered a bit of an inconvenience or eyesore by some but these particular junkies they will fade away and be forgotten eventually

their chosen drug does not affect other non-users like some drugs that are smoked in public for example and they do provide an excellent example to children and others as to why you should not use drugs.

they appear to get nothing out of using it and for most people that is not really an incentive to get involved with it

i woud advocate for the ones littering the streets withtheir own bodies that the authorities round them up and do not release them until there is no trace of spice, which they might be under the influence of, in their systems.

Or maybe they could round them up and release them back into the wild - somewhere out on the moors, so when they 'sober up' they have to walk back to town, giving them time to contemplate their behaviour and life choices.

Good news:

Sheffield awarded £400,000 to help rough sleepers

https://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/sheffield-awarded-400-000-to-help-rough-sleepers-1-9334810

I hope this helps the genuinely street homeless not just into accommodation, but gets them some ongoing support. Otherwise most of the tenancies will fail.

Yesterday, I was at Kilner way shops. Theres a guy begging outside the £1 shop. A rough sleeper? if so, how will those like him, not in and around the city, the Archer project and other known spots be identified?

I hope this helps the genuinely street homeless not just into accommodation, but gets them some ongoing support. Otherwise most of the tenancies will fail.

Yesterday, I was at Kilner way shops. Theres a guy begging outside the £1 shop. A rough sleeper? if so, how will those like him, not in and around the city, the Archer project and other known spots be identified?

I totally agree. Some of these people will need a lot of help, and some, particularly those with mental health issues, will need continual ongoing support probably indefinitely.

I totally agree. Some of these people will need a lot of help, and some, particularly those with mental health issues, will need continual ongoing support probably indefinitely.

I do think the biggest problem they have to deal with right now is the growing spice problem. Unless they bottom up this problem whatever money they spend will disappear and be wasted I fear.

Also its all well and good offering this money but there is support groups for the homeless right now. Yet many refuse to engage with the services that are offered.

I do think the biggest problem they have to deal with right now is the growing spice problem. Unless they bottom up this problem whatever money they spend will disappear and be wasted I fear.

Also its all well and good offering this money but there is support groups for the homeless right now. Yet many refuse to engage with the services that are offered.

Probably because a lot of them are not up to par, and promise far more than they can deliver.

Probably because a lot of them are not up to par, and promise far more than they can deliver.

Or they don't have the funding to keep up long term support. I wonder how long £400k will last.

Or they don't have the funding to keep up long term support. I wonder how long £400k will last.

That's very true.