Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

This makes me so mad to think of people wasting their life like this.

Vote Labour at the next election.

Your having a laugh arnt you. Corbyn can't even do something straightforward like agree to follow the internationally agreed definition of antisrmitism. He's got no hope sorting out a complex problem of spice addiction.

Your having a laugh arnt you. Corbyn can't even do something straightforward like agree to follow the internationally agreed definition of antisrmitism. He's got no hope sorting out a complex problem of spice addiction.

Whereas the Conservatives with their 'Austerity' program will make it a whole lot worse....

God help us all if they get in again.

I had an encounter with a chap this morning at about 7.05 am in Broomhill, near Morrisons, who was rather unsteady on his feet, and hailed me in a fairly loud voice something about needing a fiver (Yes, not spare change, but a whole FIVER) to get to Doncaster to see his Sister who was having her leg off. Since the chap was holding a tin of lager, and seemed a 'little intoxicated', I concluded that his sister, if she existed at all, was probably not having her leg off in Doncaster, and even if she was, she would not appreciate a visit from a heavily intoxicated relative

I had an encounter with a chap this morning at about 7.05 am in Broomhill, near Morrisons, who was rather unsteady on his feet, and hailed me in a fairly loud voice something about needing a fiver (Yes, not spare change, but a whole FIVER) to get to Doncaster to see his Sister who was having her leg off. Since the chap was holding a tin of lager, and seemed a 'little intoxicated', I concluded that his sister, if she existed at all, was probably not having her leg off in Doncaster, and even if she was, she would not appreciate a visit from a heavily intoxicated relative

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I respect him for that.

I respect him for that.

---------- Post added 02-09-2018 at 14:46 ----------

Whereas the Conservatives with their 'Austerity' program will make it a whole lot worse....

God help us all if they get in again.

Yes austerity may have made it worse. However the people on drugs and spice right now have been knocking about the streets for years even under the Labour government.

I remember when the first tent city came down they all got given homes yet some refused to take them. Why ? I havent got a clue.

Even the tent city guy is now saying its a huge problem and refuses to do outreach in the city centre. You only need to go on Sheffield online and there are huge swathes of stories of people aggressively begging and being abusive.

Edited by woodmally
delete

That would be the same Labour Party who took the zero tolerance stance on begging when last in power :hihi:

Paul Boateng, said that persistent, aggressive and even passive begging "can't be accepted".

That would be the same Labour Party who took the zero tolerance stance on begging when last in power :hihi:

Paul Boateng, said that persistent, aggressive and even passive begging "can't be accepted".

A that was the good old pre Corbyn days. Now they are going to be banging on about the spice addicts being victims of society and having problems. We will end up with the hug a spice addict next instead of the tough love that is needed.

Saw my first (presumed) spice zombie crashed out on Arundel Gate yesterday, laid by the roadside near O2. What's the point if the "high" is just being comatose?

---------- Post added 02-09-2018 at 14:46 ----------

Yes austerity may have made it worse. However the people on drugs and spice right now have been knocking about the streets for years even under the Labour government.

I remember when the first tent city came down they all got given homes yet some refused to take them. Why ? I havent got a clue.

Even the tent city guy is now saying its a huge problem and refuses to do outreach in the city centre. You only need to go on Sheffield online and there are huge swathes of stories of people aggressively begging and being abusive.

But not to the extent it is now.

Now it is (and I quote,) 'an epidemic.'

From December 2017:

Labour Councillor Says The Only Way To Tackle Begging Is To Fine Offenders

http://manchestergazette.co.uk/labour-councillor-says-way-tackle-begging-fine-offenders/705