Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

Why dont idiotic people of Sheffield JUST STOP GIVING to these scumbags ,they then would move on when they realise the people have got wise to there scams 

14 hours ago, leginemro said:

Why dont idiotic people of Sheffield JUST STOP GIVING to these scumbags ,they then would move on when they realise the people have got wise to their scams 

I have yet to START giving to said scumbags.  

22 hours ago, Justin Smith said:

It was a smart phone. Sorry, but someone who has the money and organisation to get a smart phone, and knowledge of how to use one, is not someone who needs to be begging.

perhaps he had it before he became homeless perhaps a charity gave him it and even before this it was very hard to interact with the state without one.

https://invisiblepeople.tv/why-do-some-homeless-people-have-cell-phones/

22 hours ago, Justin Smith said:

No, he was a scammer, and people like him should be ashamed of themselves because they put people off from helping those who really do need it. Like I did when I lost my bus fare all those years ago.....

the advice from all agencies i've seen has consistently been not to give people money as that doesn't help them break out of the lifestyle. 

20 hours ago, leginemro said:

Why dont idiotic people of Sheffield JUST STOP GIVING to these scumbags ,they then would move on when they realise the people have got wise to there scams 

They aren't all scumbags. I had genuinely lost my money and couldn't get home, a 7 mile plus journey at about 14. What I would say is don't give "beggars" money, if they say they need the bus fare, give it straight to the driver or if they say they're hungry, buy them a sandwich, etc etc.

Thought I'd reopen this post.

Just come back from Doncaster, OK it's not Sheffield but bare with me.

Car park next to (re vamped) Market place is between 2pm & 6pm until October, free to park  

sounds good & it is.

So I've dropped Daughter off to sit her Theory test (she passed with flying colours) 

anyway, I've my book with me and as i'm waiting in't car I notice, sat next to the parking machine 

behind me one of Donni's down and outs quite helpfully pointing out to anyone wanting to use the paying machine

" there is no charge" by the way "any small change" = instant result.

Looking forward towards the other machine, you've guessed it another of Donni's so called down and outs up to

exactly the same scam.

Top marks for ingenuity, 

Top marks for gullibility for those 20 - 30 people who gave so generously to such amenable helpful guys in the hour 

I was there.  

What happened next and something I've well suspected for some time, another (supposedly) down and out

(with a wad of cash) joins them, calls the other two to follow him making it obvious they were working as a team.

Are they paid a 'wage' by the gang master?

It sure looked like it to me.

Keep safe.

Although I have some sympathy we must show at least some  kindness to the down and outs. We must hope that our children and grandchildren don't end up as spice/mamba heads in the inner cities.I say give them a bit of sympathy and perhaps a sandwich but no money.

10 hours ago, Mossway said:

Although I have some sympathy we must show at least some  kindness to the down and outs. We must hope that our children and grandchildren don't end up as spice/mamba heads in the inner cities.I say give them a bit of sympathy and perhaps a sandwich but no money.

What I saw was organised, although looking scruffy the guy with a wad of banknotes was moving the two working the scam at the ticket machines on to new pastures, because after 6pm I believe the parking is free any way so the scam wouldn't have worked.

Personally  I chuckled every time another 'sucker' 'paid' for a service that was free and told it was by someone holding his hand out.

One born every minute. 🍋🍋

7 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

What I saw was organised, although looking scruffy the guy with a wad of banknotes was moving the two working the scam at the ticket machines on to new pastures, because after 6pm I believe the parking is free any way so the scam wouldn't have worked.

Personally  I chuckled every time another 'sucker' 'paid' for a service that was free and told it was by someone holding his hand out.

One born every minute. 🍋🍋

Lots of people give money to beggars and don’t consider themselves scammed. Where is the scam? 

1 minute ago, Jim Hardie said:

Lots of people give money to beggars and don’t consider themselves scammed. Where is the scam? 

Organised collecting of moneys.

Portraying to have saved them a parking fee when there was No parking fee.

Scam in my books.

These are not beggars, what I saw was organised.

By all means have a trip to Donni and sit in your car from 2pm for an hour or so. 

See if you still feel the same about giving your hard earned after watching others being fleeced.

Keep safe

1 hour ago, Rockers rule said:

Organised collecting of moneys.

Portraying to have saved them a parking fee when there was No parking fee.

Scam in my books.

These are not beggars, what I saw was organised.

By all means have a trip to Donni and sit in your car from 2pm for an hour or so. 

See if you still feel the same about giving your hard earned after watching others being fleeced.

Keep safe

You seem to have changed your story. You’ve twice said they told them there was no charge, so where’s the scam?

I am struggling to see a "scam" here too, surely its no different to the opportunistic beggars who sit right next to cash machines, you dont have to give them any money ffs 

2 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

You seem to have changed your story. You’ve twice said they told them there was no charge, so where’s the scam?

Sorry Jim where have I changed my story if I've said it twice?

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

I am struggling to see a "scam" here too, surely its no different to the opportunistic beggars who sit right next to cash machines, you dont have to give them any money ffs 

And that is the scam because the scammed thought somehow they had saved money by not having to pay for parking 

(something that was already free) so might as well give it to this nice ever so helpful homeless chap.

Again go and see it for your self and not come to the same conclusion.