Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

On 18/02/2020 at 21:15, Longcol said:

If she's been doing this for the best part of 14 years I'm somewhat surprised she could pass herself off as a student.

There was a student on my course in her 80s.  

On 18/02/2020 at 17:46, RussianDoll said:

Last night i was in waitrose car park When a girl approached my car. She was crying, saying her bag had been stolen, and needed money for a coach. She said she was a student on an open day. All very convincingly, she was was well dressed and well spoken. Unfortunately i helped her out. I then notices as she walked away she checked a mobile phone. I googled the ‘coach times’ she had told me and it was all a lie. After telling some friends they pointed me towards this forum and said that this woman in a notorious Sheffield scammer. I found out she has been doing this scam since 2006.  Just wanted to warn you all.

Thank you for the warning.

It's disgusting that she's still getting away with it then.  She should be in jail.

Edited by Lex Luthor

19 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

There was a student on my course in her 80s.  

I thought you might have noticed RussianDoll in post #2182 described her as a girl.

You've even quoted it in your post above.

Edited by Longcol

On 22/02/2020 at 00:58, catmiss said:

Has anyone seen the elderly chap begging outside B & M in Hillsborough? He comes prepared with blankets, ordinary and space, packed lunch and hot drink. He told me he was homeless but when I told him he should be entitled to temporary accommodation via SCC at his age he told me to ‘f off’

My bold ...What is ' Ordinary and space'...Please...?

1 hour ago, FinBak said:

My bold ...What is ' Ordinary and space'...Please...?

Ordinary blanket and space blanket (foil blanket)?

On 25/02/2020 at 20:58, redruby said:

Ordinary blanket and space blanket (foil blanket)?

That's what I assumed.   He's very well prepared. He's moved to the side of the BHF shop now.  I was also told he's not homeless.  As catmiss says, he'd be classed as vulnerable if he is genuinely homeless, because of his age.  Just round the corner is the advice centre in Proctor Place.  I'm sure they could give him advice about claiming benefits he's entitled to, so he wouldn't have to sit out in the cold all day.  

27 minutes ago, Ms Macbeth said:

That's what I assumed.   He's very well prepared. He's moved to the side of the BHF shop now.  I was also told he's not homeless.  As catmiss says, he'd be classed as vulnerable if he is genuinely homeless, because of his age.  Just round the corner is the advice centre in Proctor Place.  I'm sure they could give him advice about claiming benefits he's entitled to, so he wouldn't have to sit out in the cold all day.  

He isnt homeless he begs for drug money, ive watched him many times out of my window picking his weed up from his dealer who delivers it to him. At christmas he was begging outside morrisons and went in the shop where my partner works and they changed him £170 what he had scrounged he needs to get off his arse and get a propper job.

1 hour ago, jonnythefox said:

He isnt homeless he begs for drug money, ive watched him many times out of my window picking his weed up from his dealer who delivers it to him. At christmas he was begging outside morrisons and went in the shop where my partner works and they changed him £170 what he had scrounged he needs to get off his arse and get a propper job.

Why, he seems to be managing quite well without a propper (sic) job?

3 minutes ago, max said:

Why, he seems to be managing quite well without a propper (sic) job?

You're right, a shining example of private enterprise!

20 minutes ago, carosio said:

You're right, a shining example of private enterprise!

Absolutely! Plus, the money he gets goes back in to the economy.

3 hours ago, max said:

Absolutely! Plus, the money he gets goes back in to the economy.

The black economy! Wonder if he donates his spare cash to his fellow homeless.

How long can a big issue seller operate for? I always thought the idea was to sell it to give them a start in life.

I know of one who has operated on the same pitch for at least 8 years and now he advertises at his pitch that you can pay

by debit or credit card   (he has a card machine). His profit is £1.25 per copy so he makes a good few quid plu benefits no doubt.

8 hours ago, jonnythefox said:

Not  sure its the same man.     The chap who has been outside BHF recently looks over retirement age.