Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

1 minute ago, Toby said:

That is absolute rubbish. I'm not bothered about getting into a discussion about it, as there is obviously no point, but that is total rubbish.

How is it rubbish toby, it's reality , no doubt you will know some heroin addicts that will say its not but obviously you know more on the subject than me.

1 hour ago, lottiecass said:

Idiotic? its a self inflicted condition, the need and the side effects can be avoided if heroin use is stopped. Who forces addicts to carry on? themselves. 

Now hold on just a moment.  Is it really a 'Self Inflicted' condition?..

Think hard about that.

What our government has done to some sectors of people over the last 2 or 3 decades is absolutely deplorable.

The main culprits who inflict drugs onto folk are the Government.

Not the poor folks who can't do anything but try to get a high....by what ever means.

The UK is the FIFTH RICHEST  COUNTRY IN THE WHOLE WORLD... Yet we have FOOD BANKS????

Come on...

Something is badly wrong here. 

99 percent of the drug users I know, and there's lots of em, take drugs because it feels nice, even the heroin users I have known in my life would laugh at the notion that the government and their policies are in any way to blame for their drug use.

3 minutes ago, mickey finn said:

99 percent of the drug users I know, and there's lots of em, take drugs because it feels nice, even the heroin users I have known in my life would laugh at the notion that the government and their policies are in any way to blame for their drug use.

Fair comment. 

But in an Ideal world...There would be no use for such drugs.

20 minutes ago, FinBak said:

Fair comment. 

It was just my personal experience of drug users FB, I have no doubt though that in many cases drug use is an escape from terrible trauma that is compounded by or even created by some of the governments policies.

Edited by mickey finn

18 minutes ago, FinBak said:

Fair comment. 

An ideal world there is no such thing.

i also think it is self inflicted in as much as, every body who takes there first heroin fix knows the dangers of it.

Just now, kidley said:

i also think it is self inflicted in as much as, every body who takes there first heroin fix knows the dangers of it.

But the user may not be in a fit state of mind to let the longer term negatives outweigh the immediate positives of escapism.

i think you could find a million reasons for taking it but, there are prescription medications for most things. 

35 minutes ago, kidley said:

i think you could find a million reasons for taking it but, there are prescription medications for most things. 

Agreed, a million things, but nothing prescribed compares to heroin.

51 minutes ago, kidley said:

I agree with that to some extent...But put 'Yourself' in their situation... The relief outweighs the Danger....So to speak..

Edited by FinBak

3 hours ago, lottiecass said:

Idiotic? its a self inflicted condition, the need and the side effects can be avoided if heroin use is stopped. Who forces addicts to carry on? themselves. 

You're just illustrating a pitiful lack of knowledge and understanding now.  There are very few side effects from pharmaceutically pure heroin, but stopping taking it causes severe muscular pains, sweating, anxiety, stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and insomnia.

To say ''Who forces addicts to carry on? Themselves'' is just crass ignorance - as I said before, it's an overwhelming physical compulsion that makes addicts continue to use.

4 hours ago, lindylou53 said:

Maybe it's an illness now but initially it was a choice.

So what? What use is that observation?

1 hour ago, mickey finn said:

Agreed, a million things, but nothing prescribed compares to heroin.

1 hour ago, FinBak said:

I agree with that to some extent...But put 'Yourself' in their situation... The relief outweighs the Danger....So to speak..

as i said above, i smoked around 50 cigs a day i packed them in, i wont say it was easy because it wasnt, of all the millions of people who have given up smoking there are also millions who syill smoke.

My point is every body has different levels of will power, some people will take harmful substances knowing that it will put them in a early grave and they accept that is the consequence of there life style.   

As one M.P said a few years ago regarding smoking said, thats the only pleasure some people have, i think that would fit taking drugs quit nicely  

Edited by kidley
clarification