Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

7 minutes ago, Darkwitch14 said:

Quite a few homeless around City Centre . I wonder if some are not actually homeless but one of those that are pulling a scam . When they finish , they get changed & drive off in their BMW . 

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/434807-beggars-homeless-street-drinkers-amp-drug-users-in-sheffield/

I’ve spoken to one of the Police PCSO’s recently who hold drop ins at Crookes Co-op and they are advising people not to give money to the beggar who sits outside as he has his own flat and is on full benefits. This has been verified by a Support Worker on the Crookes Community Facebook page who knows him.

I work nearby and several old aged pensioners have told me he tells them he is homeless. This is obviously in order to instill sympathy for him so they will give him money, which they have done.
It’s unscrupulous people like this who give genuine homeless people a bad name.

Edited by AwayOwl

Most beggars in Sheffield are not homeless (it's been proved many times ).

46 minutes ago, rayggb said:

Most beggars in Sheffield are not homeless (it's been proved many times ).

This is true. You are just giving them drug money.

15 minutes ago, pattricia said:

More reason not to give money. ,if they are genuinely homeless they would accept clothes / blankets etc instead 

2 hours ago, rudds1 said:

More reason not to give money. ,if they are genuinely homeless they would accept clothes / blankets etc instead 

None of them have ever had a penny piece from me.  Get rid of the fraudsters and chancers and even this hard heart might show some sympathy - but until then they can all 'whistle'.

5 hours ago, Martin C said:

None of them have ever had a penny piece from me.  Get rid of the fraudsters and chancers and even this hard heart might show some sympathy - but until then they can all 'whistle'.

Don't get into Sheff much nowadays, but couldn't believe the open drug sales going on in Fargate.

These guy's stood out like a sore thumb, 

it was nice to see the regeneration of the Moor, love all the serious stones and walkways around Charter Sq.

The buskers in Sheff are always a delight and talented. 

Define genuine? homeless ? is no easy task anymore. 

14 hours ago, pattricia said:

A lady posted on the Crookes Community Facebook page that the beggar who sits outside the Co-op At Crookes told her that he needed a sum of money in order to get bed and breakfast accommodation that night. She gave him money and later that day saw him coming out of the Crookes branch of Bargain Booze with a selection of drinks.

22 minutes ago, AwayOwl said:

A lady posted on the Crookes Community Facebook page that the beggar who sits outside the Co-op At Crookes told her that he needed a sum of money in order to get bed and breakfast accommodation that night. She gave him money and later that day saw him coming out of the Crookes branch of Bargain Booze with a selection of drinks.

My son was over from America and felt so sorry for a beggar sitting outside M & S that he went inside and bought him a sandwich. He handed it to him, and the beggar pulled a face, and threw it over his shoulder in disgust.! They don’t want food, they want money for drink and drugs.!

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

My son was over from America and felt so sorry for a beggar sitting outside M & S that he went inside and bought him a sandwich. He handed it to him, and the beggar pulled a face, and threw it over his shoulder in disgust.! They don’t want food, they want money for drink and drugs.!

Marmite isn't to everybody's taste.

9 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Marmite isn't to everybody's taste.

True... lol..

6 hours ago, pattricia said:

I'd have a fiver each way on this never happening