Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

2 hours ago, Cyclone said:

So you're claiming that ordinary people can no longer visit West Street or Division Street for an evening out?

You should really check your facts, both areas are very busy with ordinary people on a Friday and Saturday evening.

Whilst clearly an exaggeration it's nonetheless quite off putting at times. I only venture there if there's a specific music gig in those areas that | wish to attend.

Why?  Does it just make you uncomfortable, the homeless people having nowhere to go?  Or are you worried that they'll attack you or something?

I’m female. I avoid West Street because I have been aggressively harassed there more than once by beggars and they were frightening experiences I don’t wish to repeat.

Taking drugs and drinking changes personalities, lowers inhibitions and often makes people who take them more likely to be violent and threatening.

It’s a completely logical response to feel more fear from interacting with people on drugs or drunk.

99% of the people you interact with on West Street on a night out will be on drink or drugs won't they?

1 hour ago, liam1412 said:

99% of the people you interact with on West Street on a night out will be on drink or drugs won't they?

Not exactly 99%. It  also depends what type of people you interact with. But the odds are indeed higher someone had a drink or something else silly on West st.

7 hours ago, Cyclone said:

So you're claiming that ordinary people can no longer visit West Street or Division Street for an evening out?

You should really check your facts, both areas are very busy with ordinary people on a Friday and Saturday evening.

What are ordinary people please .

1 hour ago, Albert smith said:

What are ordinary people please .

You should ask GinTreeS7, he was the one who mentioned them first...

4 hours ago, liam1412 said:

Not drinking would certainly make you the odd one out.

I was asked for change eight times yesterday. 

9 hours ago, Cyclone said:

You should ask GinTreeS7,

I can tell you as well. Look in a mirror and you see an ordinary person.

For those that find the streets full of undesirables,  the solution has already started, and the numbers will decrease shortly.  Government abhors low life,  in polite circles are referred to as the poor.  They regard poverty as a life choice, people choose destitution as a life style.  We like to solve this sort of problem, in a way that no individual is to blame,  or responsible or accountable.  We are not Nazi’s.  We do this  through using the well practiced method of neglect.  Neglect is a wonderful tool,  where people die of  "Natural Causes".  Natural causes is aimed at the homeless and those with a home but not enough money to heat it, in other words poor people.   Winter is welcome by bureaucrats as it reduce the problem all without blame.  With more people on the streets, and  sub zero temperatures to come,  many will be warmed up in the crematoriums,  reduced to ashes, helping solving the poverty problem.   In a good cold snap an addition 30-35 thousand people die compared to the normal death rate and with increasing poverty could be a bumper crop this year.  This saves handouts, paying pensions, and increases the housing stock for the homeless left alive after the effects of official neglect.   The government realised all some of the poor needed was a nudge, and austerity provided this, as they found on the streets, helpless, rejected, beaten up, and worse. 

So vote for the people who gave us austerity as they know that neglect will solve all sorts of social and economic problems.  Never let the danger of Corbyn come to power,  who has a social conscience thus might reduce or even prevent the economic benefits of  the annual cull of the poor and undeserving.  He is threat to corporate parasitic practices,  where the real handouts are to our privatised monopoly sector.  Corbyn would damage  G4,  CAPITA  profits when the private sector would be more efficient dealing with the homeless more  than just relying on the weather. Who said there  was no profit in corporate administrative ineptitude!

On 20/01/2019 at 15:22, Cyclone said:

Why?  Does it just make you uncomfortable, the homeless people having nowhere to go?  Or are you worried that they'll attack you or something?

Many if not most of them do have somewhere to go.  If I need to go into the city centre for shopping I try to do so before 10am as all the 'homeless' beggars are then still at home.  Likewise the little Tesco at Bridgehouses roundabout - the regular beggar there never starts his shift before 11,

Not answering the question at all.  Does it make you uncomfortable or are you worried that they'll attack you.

The denial that people are homeless has been well explored earlier in the thread.