Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

15 hours ago, woodmally said:

Looks like Tent City is back at Park Hill now.

They're organising themselves into a cohesive, self-supporting community. Sad that it's felt necessary, but good luck to them.

Please can you assist me,I have a lot of clothes ,tops.jumpers .coats and suits.shirts etc .that homeless people cod use .being disabled and not a driver I would like to know if any one from hol less charities could collect from my home.or recommend any x

thankyou for your help x

Ah right.    So you obviously dont believe that discussion, training and strategy pooled with other forces facing the same issue is not a step to tacking a problem then.

Your magic solution to fix it is...?

Edited by ECCOnoob

3 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Ah right.    So you obviously dont believe that discussion, training and strategy pooled with other forces facing the same issue is not a step to tacking a problem then.

Your magic solution to fix it is...?

No need for a magic solution. There is a very simple solution. The fundamental problem is they have money that they spend on drugs. So you can tackle it both ends. Firstly we have cameras around the regular places the homeless people get their drugs. Outside the old Santander Bank, Bankers Draft etc.  So we can identify the drug pushers and pursue them.  Second regular foot patrols and stop and searches of the known users.  We all know who they are if you stop them in the morning they will have drugs on them that you can then confiscate.  Thirdly a campaign to stop people giving beggars money. If we cut off their income stream then they will have to go elsewhere.  They will turn to crime so help support shops tackle the problem.  This will result in it being impossible for them to keep a habit and they will be forced to seek the help that is offered.  See not rocket science.

59 minutes ago, woodmally said:

No need for a magic solution. There is a very simple solution. The fundamental problem is they have money that they spend on drugs. So you can tackle it both ends. Firstly we have cameras around the regular places the homeless people get their drugs. Outside the old Santander Bank, Bankers Draft etc.  So we can identify the drug pushers and pursue them.  Second regular foot patrols and stop and searches of the known users.  We all know who they are if you stop them in the morning they will have drugs on them that you can then confiscate.  Thirdly a campaign to stop people giving beggars money. If we cut off their income stream then they will have to go elsewhere.  They will turn to crime so help support shops tackle the problem.  This will result in it being impossible for them to keep a habit and they will be forced to seek the help that is offered.  See not rocket science.

Is there any where, where the above has been tried out, is so details would be great and, how did they (the police) eradicate random muggings Not to mention shootings knifings etc?

Edited by kidley

1 hour ago, kidley said:

Is there any where, where the above has been tried out, is so details would be great and, how did they (the police) eradicate random muggings Not to mention shootings knifings etc?

The problem is its been tried spiradically.  I know there was a clampdown on spice a few months back now. They had a few days of action. Problem is unless you are consistent about it your not going to get anywhere.  You can ask any shopkeeper who will tell you when the deals take place and where.  Its done in broad daylight. You just simply need to tackle it an hour a day stop and search they will soon get the message.  When everyday their stash is being confiscated by the police they will know they cannot hide.  Also the police dont even need to spend much time and resource. Stop and searching all the regulars every day will easily detect it.  They will all have some on them. 

On 1/4/2019 at 1:20 PM, Brian coleman said:

Please can you assist me,I have a lot of clothes ,tops.jumpers .coats and suits.shirts etc .that homeless people cod use .being disabled and not a driver I would like to know if any one from hol less charities could collect from my home.or recommend any x

thankyou for your help x

Brian, you could contact the Archer Project behind the cathedral, or St Wilfreds on Queens Road. 

I had to go in the city center this morning, fairly early and first time in the city for years, I was amazed how many homeless people there is in door ways, temperature is one degree and most of them just wearing thin clothes. I am guilty of having the mindset of most homeless can help themselves but today realise how naive I am. I despair at how anyone can survive like that or have to live in that way, sure obvious to see some have drug or drink problems or maybe both but no one deserves a life like that. I'm not sure what the answer is or promise solutions, just voicing thoughts as it really shocked me this morning .

Drug-using homeless guys are pretty rampant in Sheffield these days - especially around West St Division St the Moor and all that area ... thats a good section of Sheffield city centre now blighted and out of bounds to ordinary people wanting to go out of an evening there 😞

So you're claiming that ordinary people can no longer visit West Street or Division Street for an evening out?

You should really check your facts, both areas are very busy with ordinary people on a Friday and Saturday evening.