Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

How about adding: "In my opinion"?

I don't need to; perhaps you can tell me why I should give cash to a beggar on the street in preference of food, clothing or giving via charity?

In your opinion of course.

I don't need to; perhaps you can tell me why I should give cash to a beggar on the street in preference of food, clothing or giving via charity?

In your opinion of course.

Well ive stated my opinion , it doesnt need to be pointed out as its obvious.

Ive had the un/fortunate chance of visiting charity head offices...Mercs, range rovers, bmws all sit neatly in reserved for management car parking spaces, so i wont be funding those.

Ill continue to help street dwellers. If its money theyre asking for, its money ill give. Its up to them how they spend it. It may not be used for drugs or alcohol, im not judging them like alot of you are.

Can I just add, apart from the head and staff at Sally Army their CEO is paid £15k.

Can I just add, apart from the head and staff at Sally Army their CEO is paid £15k.

EXACTLY! I think they should donate some of their salary, if theyre supposed to be helping the homeless

Ive had the un/fortunate chance of visiting charity head offices...Mercs, range rovers, bmws all sit neatly in reserved for management car parking spaces, so i wont be funding those.

Ill continue to help street dwellers. If its money theyre asking for, its money ill give. Its up to them how they spend it. It may not be used for drugs or alcohol, im not judging them like alot of you are.

The only person you could even vaguely think I was judging was the_bloke as his style seemed to imply that he was giving more than his opinion.

I was reading a shocking account of how Charity Chief Executives employed by various homeless charities gorged themselves at a luxurious 4 star hotel (complete with gym, sauna etc) while discussing the issue of homelessness.

Those attending were from the same charities that tell people to give their money to them, instead of homeless people, because homeless people will only spend it on drink and drugs:

https://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2015/06/22/shameless-charity-bosses-to-gather-in-luxury-hotel-for-715-homelessness-conference/

I'm not advocating that people who work for charities should live like paupers, but the greed of some charity and council executives and the like is disgusting.

The only person you could even vaguely think I was judging was the_bloke as his style seemed to imply that he was giving more than his opinion.

Apology accepted ?

I was reading a shocking account of how Charity Chief Executives employed by various homeless charities gorged themselves at a luxurious 4 star hotel (complete with gym, sauna etc) while discussing the issue of homelessness.

Those attending were from the same charities that tell people to give their money to them, instead of homeless people, because homeless people will only spend it on drink and drugs:

https://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2015/06/22/shameless-charity-bosses-to-gather-in-luxury-hotel-for-715-homelessness-conference/

I'm not advocating that people who work for charities should live like paupers, but the greed of some charity and council executives and the like is disgusting.

Oh my god. Stop the world someone.

Business people attending a business conference get to stay in a business hotel with standard facilities.

"gorged" themselves?? You mean, had meals whilst they were staying away for work, just like any other employee of an organisation would be expected to receive.

"luxurious"??? Yes - it was a 4 star hotel, but so are lots of others. It was also a Jurys Inn Hotel, a chain which at best can only be deemed mid-range. Not exactly splashing out on The Ritz or a suite at the Shangri La are they. What other sort of venue would you expect to host a National Conference?? It was never going to be Mrs Miggins B&B was it.

Your chosen source is totally wrong. I just searched for a room at said hotel, immediate arrival rack rate and can get prices at less than £100 a night. If we are talking about advance booking corporate conference rate the discount that organisation would get would be massive.

£700?? Seems a lot of sensationalised crap to me.

Talk about clutching at straws. Blogger with massive chip on shoulder makes up a load of guff to draw attention and get donations.

No thanks.

Edited by ECCOnoob

It is more than my opinion. It's the advice given by homeless charities and the Police. It's the opinion of everyone but those that want 30 seconds of lazy self gratification and thinking they are helping out by putting a quid in the empty Costa cup of someone begging on Fargate or the Moor.

I pay my taxes and NI which goea towards paying benefits to people.

Why should i pay again?

Where does the personal responsibility come in to play?

Oh my god. Stop the world someone.

Business people attending a business conference get to stay in a business hotel with standard facilities.

"gorged" themselves?? You mean, had meals whilst they were staying away for work, just like any other employee of an organisation would be expected to receive.

"luxurious"??? Yes - it was a 4 star hotel, but so are lots of others. It was also a Jurys Inn Hotel, a chain which at best can only be deemed mid-range. Not exactly splashing out on The Ritz or a suite at the Shangri La are they. What other sort of venue would you expect to host a National Conference?? It was never going to be Mrs Miggins B&B was it.

Your chosen source is totally wrong. I just searched for a room at said hotel, immediate arrival rack rate and can get prices at less than £100 a night. If we are talking about advance booking corporate conference rate the discount that organisation would get would be massive.

£700?? Seems a lot of sensationalised crap to me.

Talk about clutching at straws. Blogger with massive chip on shoulder makes up a load of guff to draw attention and get donations.

No thanks.

It's relatively easy to find out what the CEOs of charities are being paid on the internet, and I agrree with Mr M, that far too many of them are vastly overpaid. I always check, and if they are on more than £100,000 I reckon they can do without my contribution. I have voted with my feet and stopped direct debits to these charities, and give instead to the smaller ones who make every penny count.

It's relatively easy to find out what the CEOs of charities are being paid on the internet, and I agrree with Mr M, that far too many of them are vastly overpaid. I always check, and if they are on more than £100,000 I reckon they can do without my contribution. I have voted with my feet and stopped direct debits to these charities, and give instead to the smaller ones who make every penny count.

What the hell has any of that got to do with costs of a national conference?

Edited by ECCOnoob