Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

perhaps it was too difficult to follow. sorry

i am not the one with any aggressive feelings I was referring to yourself. and as a centre for shopping sheffield is dying it is a more a transport hub and a place for businesses that dont require footfall

i find many conspiracy theories entertaining some have merit and some not. some are just a distraction. but i have not heard this one of yours where is that one to be found please.

you are! .. you definitely give the impression you'd rather them be in camps.

i have a number of questions I work into conversation (omg fill talks to them) that help me form my own opinion and i react accordingly whilst at teh same time I am letting them know possible places where that can get more assistance of both the short and long term varieties should they be interested

no i wont reveal the questions i ask form your own discussing them openly will help the fakers prepare 'correct' responses

also some of the genuine responses may reveal things that its better not everyone knows.

the addicts with some errors obviously are quite easy to spot and i have no longer have time for them as their plight is self inflicted and any effort on my part wasted unless they are non-using addicts or on a program.

we shall have to agree to disagree on that I believe the star is morally wrong on this and heir taking and using many other photos with people in them.. faces showing or not

What is more morally wrong taking photos of spice addicts (who most of us on here have seen with the naked eye in town) to highlight a problem and hopefully come up with a solution by FINALLY getting the powers that be to realise there is a problem and a severe one if that. Photos of a group that refuse help and carry on taking this stuff and causing problems for the rest of tthe city. Or protecting these individuals identity (on paper only) and not reporting on it thereby continuing with the problem. If it means sorting the problem out I'm all for the photos. If they didnt want to be photographed maybe not taking drugs or not taking drugs in a public place would be a start.

I can't see any moral problem with candid photos. There's no expectation of privacy in a public space, you can walk around the city centre and photograph whoever you like.

And just when you thought things couldn’t get worse?

https://news.sky.com/story/hooked-on-monkey-dust-warning-of-city-wide-epidemic-11468071

Coming to a junkie near you soon.

Yes and all these people on here happy to give to beggars they are now helping them to kill themselves. As this monkey dust causes people to jump off of buildings etc. An even more valid reason to not give to people who beg.

How is it being heartless - in fact I think its a very good idea of Paulas to make it illegal to give money to these people.

And its not just the city centre. The railway is terrible. I've had the same people coming up to me in the rail station as in West St.

How good can it be when prospective business men and women arrive by the most convenient route to Sheffield i.e. train for the first time, and they see:

a) Homeless druggies cadging for cash in the coffee areas and also going to the station toilets and we all know what they are doing in there ...

b) As they are admiring Sheffields blade of steel water feature outside the station, they notice a line of homeless people all sat up along the hill all collecting enough to then go to their dealers for their next fix ....

:roll::mad:

Number one, you're assuming all homeless people are druggies, wrong.

Number two, by banning charity you are potentially robbing a vulnerable person of a room or a hot meal.

---------- Post added 11-08-2018 at 16:01 ----------

Or even survival.

How good can it be when prospective business men and women arrive by the most convenient route to Sheffield i.e. train for the first time, and they see:

a) Homeless druggies cadging for cash in the coffee areas and also going to the station toilets and we all know what they are doing in there ...

b) As they are admiring Sheffields blade of steel water feature outside the station, they notice a line of homeless people all sat up along the hill all collecting enough to then go to their dealers for their next fix ....

:roll::mad:

If you think arriving at Sheffield station is bad you've obviously never walked into Manchester city centre from Piccadilly.

Number one, you're assuming all homeless people are druggies, wrong.

Number two, by banning charity you are potentially robbing a vulnerable person of a room or a hot meal.

---------- Post added 11-08-2018 at 16:01 ----------

Or even survival.

I'm pretty sure the poster wasn't advocating banning charity. Though I'm sure the charity muggers need banning but that's a different conversation. If someone gave them a drink or a meal or clothing I'm sure the poster wouldn't mind. It's giving money we are advocating banning not essentials to survival like food. Money that could go on drugs. Yes not all homeless are on drugs but how do we know whose begging for food and whose begging to get a fix? We don't therefore if we simply give money to a homeless charity or give them essentials we are not feeding the adiction and the spice problem. Also like I said earlier with this monkey dust. It can kill. Do you want to give money to people so they can buy that!

If you think arriving at Sheffield station is bad you've obviously never walked into Manchester city centre from Piccadilly.

Oh , that's ok then :roll:

Posts have been removed that may be seen to breach our terms and conditions.

If you cant disagree/have a discussion without resorting to personal attacks on other members then please dont post at all.

Thank you.

There is a guy who begs outside the Co-op in Crookes. We have offered him food and a shower if he wanted to come to our house, which he declined. I have since heard that he has somewhere to live and can't keep pretending to us that he is homeless. He looks sheepish these days. My daughter has seen him with a dog in a different persona begging in the city centre. It seems that it must be profitable as he is making a living out of it. I can think of better ways of earning money than sitting on a concrete floor reading a novel.

I wonder if that's the same guy who was sleeping in the doorway of a betting shop at crookes last winter? I saw him early morning in the bitter cold and snow. I informed a homeless charity who were asking people to report rough sleepers to them and haven't seen him since. It is appalling that anyone has to live like this. However, the begging issue is largely about feeding addictions and is deflecting resources away from those that need them most.

I'm pretty sure the poster wasn't advocating banning charity. Though I'm sure the charity muggers need banning but that's a different conversation. If someone gave them a drink or a meal or clothing I'm sure the poster wouldn't mind. It's giving money we are advocating banning not essentials to survival like food. Money that could go on drugs. Yes not all homeless are on drugs but how do we know whose begging for food and whose begging to get a fix? We don't therefore if we simply give money to a homeless charity or give them essentials we are not feeding the adiction and the spice problem. Also like I said earlier with this monkey dust. It can kill. Do you want to give money to people so they can buy that!

Yeah she was saying ban charity further down.