Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

Yes was at Meadowhall today in fact and saw a couple of armed police patrolling but no beggars. I don't mind the big issue sellers at least they are trying something but money should not be given directly to beggars.

Yes was at Meadowhall today in fact and saw a couple of armed police patrolling but no beggars. I don't mind the big issue sellers at least they are trying something but money should not be given directly to beggars.

Armed police is a bit over the top for the beggars :hihi:.

---------- Post added 31-10-2017 at 22:06 ----------

The bottom of The Moor is getting terrible for beggars with their dogs. The dogs look so sad and cold that I’m surprised that the RSPCA haven’t become more involved.

I personally wouldn't want the euthanasia of that dog on my conscience. (Recent statistics reveal it destroys >half of animals it comes into contact with.)

Who do the people that work in the vulnerable person's sector suggest that the public give their money to if they are concerned about homelessness?

I would suggest you look at this website -it's been put together by the agencies in Sheffield working with vunerable people

http://www.helpushelp.uk/

Vulnerable people need help that is a fact but most of the beggars in town are gangs of organised people conning or stealing from us

Vulnerable people need help that is a fact but most of the beggars in town are gangs of organised people conning or stealing from us

You are blind. There are big organised gangs stealing from you but they are not called beggars.

Not blind but was referring to those that roam streets not council chambers and gov buildinds

And who would chose to do that?

Why is accommodation available for oversees refugees but nowhere for 'home grown' homeless? :huh:

You need to perhaps become aware of the different situations our 'homegrown' homeless are in. Many have had tenancies, often several, but can't or won't take responsibility for looking after their home; some won't go into hostels because they don't like the rules, or have a pet that they can't take with them. There are soical housing tenancies available through the council with no waiting time if someone genuinely wants a property.

As has been said, some of the beggars are certainly not homeless, but know that many of the public are kind (or daft) enough to give them money.

The link posted by Clogginchris is useful http://www.helpushelp.uk/

Not blind but was referring to those that roam streets not council chambers and gov buildinds

Yes that is right, but beggars no matter how big the gang don't really steal. If you give you give, when not you keep the change.

Begging does make the city center less welcoming for certain shoppers, the trams to meadowhall been packed lately, and no its not just for ikea.

I was walking pass Mcdonalds on highst on Sunday with my son, and two beggars were stood up totally in a zombie state. They are all taking that 'spice drug by the looks of it. What an advert for the visitors to the city centre. 99% of the beggars are on drugs or have an alcohol problem. You know the genuine homeless as they go looking in bins and have been faces around the city since I was knee high. They don't actually beg, they just wonder round not giving anyone any bother. It's the low life druggy/alco scum who have taken over the city centre like a plague of rats that give the genuine homeless a bad name.

I was walking pass Mcdonalds on highst on Sunday with my son, and two beggars were stood up totally in a zombie state. They are all taking that 'spice drug by the looks of it. What an advert for the visitors to the city centre. 99% of the beggars are on drugs or have an alcohol problem. You know the genuine homeless as they go looking in bins and have been faces around the city since I was knee high. They don't actually beg, they just wonder round not giving anyone any bother. It's the low life druggy/alco scum who have taken over the city centre like a plague of rats that give the genuine homeless a bad name.

I dont see any of them drinking anymore.

They are all on spice. Or probably a bit of Heroin as a treat on benefits payment day.

They are all low life Junkies. Do not give them money.

I dont see any of them drinking anymore.

They are all on spice. Or probably a bit of Heroin as a treat on benefits payment day.

They are all low life Junkies. Do not give them money.

Its unfortunate.

Underneath it all they are still somehow connected to all of us, societies have for centuries produced lost addicts, beggars. Why is that? Beggars and begging are talked about by Buddha and people before him. It feels horrible to see a junkie, we call them low life cause we feel horrible. I live a comfortable life but don't think or see myself as higher or better than someone who has fallen in addiction.