Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

Anyone know about the man who hangs around waitrose car park, I cant believe they allow him to harrass everyone he comes into contact with, they have a parking attendent patrolling the cars so why allow him to harrass, last week he was all beaten up on his face, hes there every week and I dont like being harrassed in this way, there was two of them there today another man carrying a rolled up sleeping bag on his back.

http://www.southyorks.police.uk/news-syp/trio-jailed-‘violent’-student-robbery-sheffield

Because of those who accuse us of not wanting to be constantly hassled as heartless monsters, situations such as the above are going to be a lot more common.

The amount of times me and my other half have been hassled by the bloke in the above police report is unreal. But those who condemn us will continue to fail to see that its a problem, and funding the drug habits of such people helps no one except the dealers. Remember while it may feel good to give to the homeless, the real question should be does it do good?

Blimey,they really are abusing the privilege to be ugly in that police report.Its surprising what drink and drugs can do to somebodys appearance.

There seems to certainly be an increase of them lately, and what's with "begging" directly at the side of a cash machine, that not on!

From their perspective, is it not a good place to beg? Punters can't use the "no money on me" excuse.

Anyone know about the man who hangs around waitrose car park, I cant believe they allow him to harrass everyone he comes into contact with, they have a parking attendent patrolling the cars so why allow him to harrass, last week he was all beaten up on his face, hes there every week and I dont like being harrassed in this way, there was two of them there today another man carrying a rolled up sleeping bag on his back.

I know which one your talking about. You'll be walking, and he'll go in front so you can't get past.

I know which one your talking about. You'll be walking, and he'll go in front so you can't get past.

you should shop somewhere more downmarket instead, such as the nearby Aldi

From their perspective, is it not a good place to beg? Punters can't use the "no money on me" excuse.

Then you revert to the no change line :) fair play if they homless person actually get’s someone to hand over a note.

I usually do shop in cheaper places. Like Jack Fultons. Sometimes I'm just walking through the car park. Or maybe need the toilet, or cash machine.

I know who you mean. Yeah he's an issue if you don't even shop there and just vaguely have to pass through the area. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been in Waitrose in about 5 years, but I've been accosted by the man in question tonnes!

Talking of Aldi there is a beggar who sits at the side of the shopping trolleys outside Aldi just off Infirmary Rd. when you take your trolley back to get your £1 back he hopes you will give it to him.! :roll:

I know who you mean. Yeah he's an issue if you don't even shop there and just vaguely have to pass through the area. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been in Waitrose in about 5 years, but I've been accosted by the man in question tonnes!

I've actually seen one following a lady to her car :(

It’s a wonder Waitrose don’t do anything about it.:huh:

Thats awful but not exactly surprising. I live just off West Street so I could tell you some right horror stories! Although thats just not on, I know from shared experiences between me and my other half you are more likely to be targeted and treated more aggressively if your a lone woman than loan bloke. I dont really mind begging to be honest, particularly if its genuine (which a lot of it isn't), its when it becomes extortion and threats that I have an issue with. Unfortunately though thats increasingly what its become in the centre.