Beggars, homeless, street drinkers & drug users in Sheffield!

No- the last option is seeking help. Begging is the first option that many increasingly go to. While they beg for money they're not getting that help. They're simply funding their drug habit. Take it from me- giving to beggars is killing them. Many have died of overdoses due to the 'genorisity' of people. While they're able to make enough money to keep buying drugs they WON'T get the help they need.

Giving money to beggars is like giving them their own death sentence.

Help the charities help them. Please don't fund their habits and the lifestyles of the aggressive, violent and evil drug dealers that prey on them.

Hear Hear.

I live near Haymarket/Castle Gate and i see them everyday. These people are just junkies and menace to our city.

Give them a choice...rehab or prison. Simple :thumbsup:

It is like telling the rain it can choose to go to a lake or the river but it will keep raining.

No- the last option is seeking help. Begging is the first option that many increasingly go to. While they beg for money they're not getting that help. They're simply funding their drug habit. Take it from me- giving to beggars is killing them. Many have died of overdoses due to the 'genorisity' of people. While they're able to make enough money to keep buying drugs they WON'T get the help they need.

Giving money to beggars is like giving them their own death sentence.

Help the charities help them. Please don't fund their habits and the lifestyles of the aggressive, violent and evil drug dealers that prey on them.

I agree. Fill a box for the Archer project, donate to the Salvation Army or any other organisation that offers help and support to improve their situation.

Just wondered if the people condemning those of us who don't like being accosted and threatened in Sheffield by beggars/junkies while going about our lives would like to extend their condemnation to Nourish?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-restaurant-considering-scrapping-meal-scheme-for-homeless-after-staff-are-spat-at-and-abused-1-8804769

I mean how dare they not accept their abuse and being spat on. Totally heartless :hihi:

i saw one scrounger ask a lad at the bus stop on west st for some money,the lad gave him some and the scrounger just walked of and didnt even thank him.little rat always up and down west st begging.

i saw one scrounger ask a lad at the bus stop on west st for some money,the lad gave him some and the scrounger just walked of and didnt even thank him.little rat always up and down west st begging.

No Scrapper, you can't say that its "heartless". Just at its completely heartless to not want to be threatened on a near daily basis in the Sheffield city centre. You know, despite not doing anything wrong. ;)

There seems to certainly be an increase of them lately, and what's with "begging" directly at the side of a cash machine, that not on!

There's a guy who regularly sits by the entrance to Q Park (Charles Street I think) - on Tuesday as I was passing, another man in similar clothing went up to him and deposited a load of coins, the seated man muttered something like "not enough" and the second guy wandered off. Very suspicious in my opinion.

its no wonder theres loads of them,has the coppers just drive past them and dont do or say nothing to them.

http://www.southyorks.police.uk/news-syp/trio-jailed-‘violent’-student-robbery-sheffield

Because of those who accuse us of not wanting to be constantly hassled as heartless monsters, situations such as the above are going to be a lot more common.

The amount of times me and my other half have been hassled by the bloke in the above police report is unreal. But those who condemn us will continue to fail to see that its a problem, and funding the drug habits of such people helps no one except the dealers. Remember while it may feel good to give to the homeless, the real question should be does it do good?

been to blackpool and they have lots of beggers every 25-50 yards ,they must be ill or drugs ect ,as theres lots of general work advertised ,but away from the front you can see poverty on a grand scale,the council need to sort these areas as they are awfull in my opinion.

They are all just smelly dirty junkies.

A day they can get high is another day they aren't trying to get their lives together.

Dont give them anything