Why are there no public toilets in sheffield?

I just don’t get this obsession with public toilets all the time. This is not Victorian times any more. Every house has a toilet. Mass communal facilities are no longer required.

People out and about have multiple opportunities to access a toilet. Every bar, restaurant, café, department store, hotel, office building, large supermarket has them. So does the library, millennium galleries, Moor Market, bus station, Arundel gate interchange, Howden house and the Jobcentre Plus offices.

The council already provide facilities on Angel Street, the Moor and Exchange Street

Plus these additional ones in other buildings which are freely available through the Community Access Partnership:

• Bankers Draft, Market Place, S1 2GH

• Benjamin Huntsman, Cambridge Street, S1 4HP

• Debenhams, The Moor, S1 3LR

• Frog and Parrot, Division Street, S1 4GF

• Henry's Bar, Wellington Street S1 4HS

• John Lewis, Barkers Pool, S1 1EP

• Lloyds, The Sheffield Waterworks Company, Division Street, S1 4GF

• Orchard Square, City Centre, S1 2FB

• Sheffield Railway Station, Sheaf Square, S1 2BP

• SOYO, Rockingham Street, S1 4EB

• Swim Inn, Glossop Road, S10 2GW

• The Varsity, West Street, S1 4EW

• The Wick At Both Ends, West Street, S1 4EW

• Walkabout, Carver Street, S1 4FS

• Yates's, Cambridge Street, S1 4HP

How many more toilets do people need in the city centre???

I have asked this question many times before. If you are in the City and never once pass by through any of the above facilities – what the hell are you doing there?

---------- Post added 30-08-2014 at 14:44 ----------

Do you choose not to use the range of toilets inside shops or Orchard Square or the multiple cafes then??

Never read anything so stupid in my life.

Oh and as for your Buxton facilities - that would be the ones that close at 5.00 each day would it? Those ones that charge 20p to access.

I think I will stick with my range of free, conveniently open, Sheffield choices thank you.

Great post! If I need the loo I will go to maybe a café or pub, buy something and then use their facilities. It's a good excuse to have a (small) glass of wine :hihi:

There's currently a "human" and nicely decorated (if kind of small for your average usage) piece of toilet roll on the steps leading down from Fitzalan Sq to the PO.

This is something i've never experienced in the Oasis, or any other part at Meadowheaven, if i'm honest.

Great post! If I need the loo I will go to maybe a café or pub, buy something and then use their facilities. It's a good excuse to have a (small) glass of wine :hihi:

Yea it's a vicious circle, call in a café or pub to use the toilet , have a drink while you're there [ they don't like you using there toilet unless you buy something ] then back on the road again to find you want to use the toilet again. :hihi:

Theres is a toilet in London called 'Attendant' thats been turned into a Snack bar from an public toilet. Looks really good. :thumbsup:

The men's toilet at the town hall would be perfect but something like that would never work in Sheffield.

http://www.odditycentral.com/architecture/bon-appetit-london-public-toilet-gets-converted-into-a-gourmet-snack-bar.html

I think there used to be a public toilet up by Hillsborough Corner that's now a restaurant, I read it on the Forum a couple of years ago, maybe someone could confirm this?

I think there used to be a public toilet up by Hillsborough Corner that's now a restaurant, I read it on the Forum a couple of years ago, maybe someone could confirm this?

The restaurant above Weatherspoons,was a house that was used by the

manager of the Hillsborough Baths.Directly at the topside of the house at the corner of the gennel was a public toilet.Now part of the rertaurant.

One toilet in Hillsborough that has not been mentioned.

Is the Tardis at the end of Holme Lane,which has

been replaced in the last year or so.

If there are, where are they situated.

Why have they all closed, particularly the gents loos?

There are still some in Orchard Square, but are not open 24 hours.

Vandalism, and the council being cheap and tight and not paying for the up-keep, taxes would have to go up cause they would have to pay so many more staff (cleaners, maintenance staff, people to watch over for vandalism etc)

Pubs, Fast Food Outlets, All Supermarkets .....literally thousands of toilets everywhere.

It's same for most cities wherever you go really.

They are not free to run, so if you do come across some you know the taxpayer will be footing the bill.

Theres only 2 in the town center that im aware of 1st is in the winter gardens 2nd in the new market . Both only open in the day time. I suppose you could count the train station and bus station but not really the center of town or free .