Why are there no public toilets in sheffield?

35 minutes ago, Groose said:

The L.A.V.S agreement. The ones I know of are:

The various Spoons pubs

Marks and Spencer

Debenhams

Millennium Gallery

The pub at the library side of the winter garden...can't think of the name. 

The Moor Markets

True.  But don't you have to buy something first to qualify for a free pee?

I prefer Chesterfield myself.  I can go in the Central Library there - use the toilets - and pretend I'm there to borrow a book!

So an elderly person or a young child is in  Orchard square and they need the loo . They have to walk to Marks or Debenhams ,it’s ridiculous.

51 minutes ago, DerbyTup said:

I prefer Chesterfield myself.  I can go in the Central Library there - use the toilets - and pretend I'm there to borrow a book!

Do Sheffield Library still have toilets that people can use? I only ask because a few years ago I went to use their toilets when I was caught short, and they were "closed until further notice".

24 minutes ago, autumn said:

So an elderly person or a young child is in  Orchard square and they need the loo . They have to walk to Marks or Debenhams ,it’s ridiculous.

I know someone with a medical condition that have become incontinent; having fewer toilets around really does inconvenience her.

57 minutes ago, DerbyTup said:

Nope you don't have to pay to use the L.A.V.S toilets.

Forgot to mention that John Lewis is part of the scheme as well.

4 hours ago, autumn said:

Are you joking?

John Lewis has toilets.   Its a 3 minute walk away.  

Marks and Spencer is even nearer being just a 2 minute walk away. 

If the said person is so desprate that they cannot even manage that - Im sure they can nip into one of the four food and drink venues which are attached to the Orchard Square complex and use the facilities there.     Costa / Starbucks / The Museum and All Bar One will all have toilet facilities.

If they are even more desprate and really cannot manage then quite frankly they need medical assistance not more toilets.

You really are trying to find a solution to a problem that doesnt exist.     THAT is rediculous.

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

Do Sheffield Library still have toilets that people can use? I only ask because a few years ago I went to use their toilets when I was caught short, and they were "closed until further notice".

I know someone with a medical condition that have become incontinent; having fewer toilets around really does inconvenience her.

I was in the library a few weeks ago. The toilets were mostly working.

9 hours ago, autumn said:

Just a heads up ,the public toilets in orchard square have now been closed . This means there are no public toilets in the city centre at all .What is this council thinking ?  

Does the council own Orchard Square?   What's it go to do with them.

9 hours ago, autumn said:

Just a heads up ,the public toilets in orchard square have now been closed.

Does anyone know why these have been closed? It’s not exactly like they can easily be transformed into anything else. 

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

Are you joking?

If the said person is so desprate that they cannot even manage that - Im sure they can nip into one of the four food and drink venues which are attached to the Orchard Square complex and use the facilities there.     Costa / Starbucks / The Museum and All Bar One will all have toilet facilities.

If they are even more desprate and really cannot manage then quite frankly they need medical assistance not more toilets.

You really are trying to find a solution to a problem that doesnt exist.     THAT is rediculous.

I wouldn’t count on Costa if you want to spend a penny. The one in Worksop has banned the great unwashed using their karzi unless you’ve bought something from them, the code for the toilets is on the receipt. 

Or you can do what a man with a bottle of sherry in his hand did today around the seats outside Boots. With City Centre Ambassadors having just dealt with a complaint he, Sherry in one hand, relieved himself with the other hand against a bench occupied by a young mum feeding her baby. Classy!!

10 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Are you joking?

I’m guessing you’ve not delivered 4 large babies or have other medical issues . I don’t think I could walk to John Lewis toilets or Marks for that matter in 2 mins then queue up in the ladies because there is always a queue . What about mums and dads with push chairs ,waiting for a lift or with toddlers who can’t walk that fast . Where are the 4 eateries ,I can only think of Costa and the pub. After closing the town hall toilets Orchard square was the only one left . It was clean and convenient. 

The problem does exist for many people just because it doesn’t affect you doesn’t mean it doesn’t affect many others .